Karratha, Western Australia, Australia
Karratha, Western Australia, Australia
Skills: Rigging / Scaffolding
Education: Some College
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Karratha, Western Australia, Australia
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Woodside is the pioneer of the LNG industry in Australia, producing 6% of global LNG supply. We have an outstanding base business of world-class assets and strong growth prospects - plus the experience, capability and vision to make things happen.
We're expanding our residential Karratha workforce as we create an integrated LNG production centre in the Pilbara region of Western Australia, the Burrup Hub.
A role with Woodside is more than a career. It's an adventure, with options to work across assets, disciplines, and products.
For more than 30 years, we've invested significantly in infrastructure, education and community initiatives that ensure the City of Karratha remains a great place to live, work and raise families.
We recognise that a key contributor to our success is an inclusive culture that promotes diversity and a sense of belonging.
Flexible work arrangements including part time hours or job share will be considered - please indicate on your resume if you wish to be considered for a position with flexible working arrangements.
About the Role:
This role will provide support as a Woodside Lifting Subject Matter Expert (SME) to Karratha Supply Facility (KSF) Coordinators or Supervisors for the delivery of safe and efficient lifting practices across site. You will be responsible for the management of Logistics Operators and Contractors supplying services to the Rigging Centre.
Liaising with customers to ensure their container requirements are met is also a key part of this role. There is also an emphasis on continuous improvement to achieve an outstanding level of performance against budget and optimisation of container fleet.
This position will be based residentially in Karratha, Western Australia and offers lots of opportunities, a great lifestyle and a family friendly roster that's one of the best in the industry.
This position will be working on a fixed term contract for 24 months.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Effectively lead a frontline team in the Rigging Centre to work together to achieve assigned activities safely through daily resource planning
- Engaging, developing and coaching your team to increase their capability and delivery
- Ensuring the Rigging Centre adheres to Woodside's lifting procedures and guidelines, corporate policies and Compass Values
- Adherence to relevant industry laws and regulations
- Contribute to operational planning (short term) considering resources and activities
- Effective management of the Woodside container fleet
- Area authority for permit to work
- Contribution of continuous improvement ideas including using technology/data analytics to achieve better outcomes
Skills & Experience:
We have opportunities for both experienced oil and gas people, and those seeking to transition to the industry. If you have a background in mining, rail, utilities, aviation, military, pharmaceuticals, chemical processing or logistics/freight forwarding industries, you are strongly encouraged to apply.
What we expect from you:
- You share and demonstrate the same values we do: integrity, respect, discipline, excellence, working sustainably and working together
- Effective supervisory skills and techniques including conflict resolution and time management
- Excellent communications skills with the ability to influence others
- Demonstrated experience with a forklift, high risk dogging and advanced rigging certificates
- Experience conducting quality data entry
- Computer literate with the ability/interest in using technology/data analytics to achieve better outcomes
- Process driven mindset including safety and risk identification, understanding and management
- Ability to work with uncertainty with excellent critical thinking/problem solving skills
- Self-motivated, results driven, curious and willing to learn to accelerate your development
- You will be highly motivated to work in the oil & gas industry
Recognition & Reward:
What you can expect from us:
- Work on projects for world-class operating assets renowned for their safety, reliability and efficiency
- Commitment to your ongoing development, including on-the-job opportunities, formal programs and assistance with further education
- Values in action
- Industry-leading 16 weeks' paid parental leave for primary carer; plus secondary carer leave
- Active employee community groups for gender equality, reconciliation between Indigenous and non-Indigenous Australians, and LGBTI+ staff and allies
- Community volunteering opportunities
- Relocation assistance
- A competitive remuneration package, featuring performance-based incentives, share plans, above-industry superannuation contributions and a generous health insurance allowance