Perth, Western Australia, Australia
Perth, Western Australia, Australia
Skills: PR / Corporate Communications
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Perth, Western Australia, Australia
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Woodside is the pioneer of the LNG industry in Australia, producing 6% of global LNG supply.
We have an outstanding base business of world-class assets and strong growth prospects - plus the experience, capability and vision to make things happen.
We're expanding our workforce in Perth and Karratha as we create an integrated LNG production centre in the Pilbara region of Western Australia, the Burrup Hub.
A role with Woodside is more than a career. It's an adventure, with options to work across assets, disciplines, and products.
Our global headquarters is based in Perth, Australia's fourth-largest city. Our state-of-the-art campus reflects the quality of life Perth is known for - with a six Green Star rating, advanced wellness features and flexibility in how you work.
For more than 30 years, we've invested significantly in infrastructure, education and community initiatives that ensure the City of Karratha remains a great place to live, work and raise families.
We recognise that a key contributor to our success is an inclusive culture that promotes diversity and a sense of belonging.
Flexible work arrangements including part time hours or job share will be considered - please indicate on your resume if you wish to be considered for a position with flexible working arrangements.
About the Role:
As part of a team, this position will contribute to the delivery of Corporate Affairs (CA) activities to support the growth of Woodside's Australian business, with a focus on Woodside's Burrup Hub projects including Browse, Scarborough, NWS life extension and Pluto Expansion. Working at the direction of a Corporate Affairs Manager, and alongside the relevant project and functional teams, this role will interface with government approvals, Joint Venture engagement, stakeholder advocacy, social and economic impact assessment, social investment, corporate reporting, media engagement, community development and general communications.
Depending on requirements of the role, this position will be based either in Perth or Karratha, Western Australia and offers lots of opportunities and a great lifestyle.
This position will be working on a 24-month fixed term contract.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Working in a dynamic environment, the Senior CA adviser is responsible for:
- Supporting coordination and delivery of social and economic impact management plans
- Supporting communications activities including preparation of internal and external materials for targeted and broad-based stakeholder engagement and messaging; statutory reporting and media enquiries
- Supporting government advocacy on regulatory and other government approvals
- Supporting non-government stakeholder engagement / advocacy including preparation of materials
- Social investment strategy development, implementation and monitoring
- Supporting coordination and management of local content and community development plans
Skills & Experience:
We have opportunities for both experienced oil and gas people, and those seeking to transition to the industry. If you have a background in the resources, public sector or political office (regional development or communications management) or journalism/communications industries, you are strongly encouraged to apply.
What we expect from you:
- You share and demonstrate the same values we do: integrity, respect, discipline, excellence, working sustainably and working together
- Degree qualification in arts, international relations, commerce, legal or other relevant discipline couple with experience in a similar position
- Experience with stakeholder management ideally across both public and private sectors
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- An understanding of some of the issues facing the O&G sector is advantageous
- Flexibility to be deployed in Perth or regional locations
- Awareness of the Australian media and contemporary issues driving media attention
- Awareness of Australian political environment and community issues that interface with Woodside's business
- Awareness of social impact assessment and community development practices
- Relevant post-graduate qualifications will be well regarded
You will need to be comfortable working in a flexible and changing environment, managing a dynamic portfolio where your tasks and responsibilities will vary.
Recognition & Reward:
What you can expect from us:
- Work on projects for world-class operating assets renowned for their safety, reliability and efficiency
- Commitment to your ongoing development, including on-the-job opportunities, formal programs and assistance with further education
- Values in action
- Industry-leading 16 weeks' paid parental leave for primary carer; plus secondary carer leave
- Active employee community groups for gender equality, reconciliation between Indigenous and non-Indigenous Australians, and LGBTI+ staff and allies
- Community volunteering opportunities
- Relocation assistance
- A competitive remuneration package, featuring performance-based incentives, share plans, above-industry superannuation contributions and a generous health insurance allowance