Karratha, Western Australia, Australia
Karratha, Western Australia, Australia
Skills: Control Room Operations, Gas Plant Operations
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Karratha, Western Australia, Australia
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Woodside is the pioneer of the LNG industry in Australia, producing 6% of global LNG supply. We have an outstanding base business of world-class assets and strong growth prospects - plus the experience, capability and vision to make things happen.
We're expanding our residential Karratha workforce as we create an integrated LNG production centre in the Pilbara region of Western Australia, the Burrup Hub.
A role with Woodside is more than a career. It's an adventure, with options to work across assets, locations, disciplines, and products.
For more than 30 years, we've invested significantly in infrastructure, education and community initiatives that ensure the City of Karratha remains a great place to live, work and raise families.
We recognise that a key contributor to our success is an inclusive culture that promotes diversity and a sense of belonging.
Flexible work arrangements including part time hours or job share will be considered - please indicate on your resume if you wish to be considered for a position with flexible working arrangements.
About the Role:
Responsible for operating and monitoring complex Distributed Control Systems and equipment associated with oil and gas processing, utilities and safety systems on a rotating 12hr dayshift/nightshift basis.
This position will be based residentially in Karratha, Western Australia and offers lots of opportunities, a great lifestyle and a family friendly roster that's one of the best in the industry.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Safe, reliable and optimised operation of the control room for Woodside's onshore assets
- Providing guidance/expertise to others in the technical and system requirements of the control room
- Supporting trip analysis
- Production optimisation, reporting and testing
- Responding to and controlling crisis management/emergency response situations
- Process Safety risk identification, reporting and root cause analysis
- Contribution of continuous improvement ideas including using technology to achieve better outcomes
Skills & Experience:
We have opportunities for both experienced oil and gas people, and those seeking to transition to the industry. If you have a background in the hydrocarbon, minerals, chemical or nuclear processing/refining industries, you are strongly encouraged to apply.
What we expect from you:
- You share and demonstrate the same values we do: integrity, respect, discipline, excellence, working sustainably and working together
- Hold certificate III in Process Plant Operations or equivalent coupled with hydrocarbon processing experience
- Expert in panel operations and knowledge of facility/asset/plant process integrity safety requirements and process chemistry
- Demonstrate an eye for detail with ability to spot changes quickly and ability to multi-task
- Proven experience responding to and controlling crisis management /emergency response situations
- Electronic permit to work system knowledge
- Process driven mindset including safety and risk identification, understanding and management
- Excellent communications skills with the ability to influence others and communicate clearly via radio to diverse multi-discipline teams
- Ability to work with uncertainty with excellent critical thinking/problem solving skills
- Self-motivated, results driven, curious and willing to learn to accelerate your development to lead a team
- Computer literate with the ability/interest in using new technology to achieve better outcomes
Recognition & Reward:
What you can expect from us:
- Commitment to your ongoing development, with on-the-job opportunities, formal programs and assistance with further education
- Active employee community groups for gender equality, reconciliation between Indigenous and non-Indigenous Australians, and LGBTI+ staff and allies
- A competitive remuneration package, featuring performance-based incentives, share plans, above-industry superannuation contributions and a generous health insurance allowance