Skills: Customer Service
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Kuala Lumpur, Federal Territory of Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Chevron Malaysia Limited is accepting online applications for the position of Team Lead, Customer Service Center located in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia through May 23, 2019 at 11:59 p.m. (Eastern Standard Time).
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
Leadership and Supervision:
- Provides leadership for the operations including planning, coordination and oversight of the work group's activities, developing and deploying the team's business plan, including strategic initiatives and metrics.
- Ensures adequacy and optimal deployment of team's resources, including staffing requirements
- Steward daily team operations such as but are not limited to:
- Responding and resolving customer/account calls, fax and emails in relation to the end-to-end Order to Cash processes for Fuel (Retail and C&I)
- Handling of StarCard account & card maintenance, transaction inquiries and other concerns
- Responding and resolving consumer calls, fax, and emails pertaining to service station operations, fuel quality, pricing etc.
- Reviewing and escalating to the Credit Department customers with blocked account and credit violations
- Maintaining desk guides and other work process documentation
- Manage outbound call requests
- Manage call review process
- Chevron Business Point (CBP) first level support
- Build and maintain a skilled, committed and high-performing work team
- Facilitate direct reports' ePMP commitments thru coaching and applicable interventions (i.e. training, work assignments, etc) to sustain/improve performance and develop skills/capabilities
- Regularly review performance against metrics to improve decision-making and promote organizational learning
Safety and Compliance
- Champion's incident free operations by proactively creating a safe culture in the workgroup through the active stewardship of LPS and active usage of available tools
- Ensures all team members are actively participating in the company's Safety and OE Programs
- Maintains a sound system of internal controls and ensures that processes, procedures, and controls are in place to maintain records that comply with Chevron standards, regulatory requirements and policies
- Initiates, leads and participates in process improvement efforts and works with other groups to achieve overall improvement and process standardization of local and regional end-to-end processes
- Provides expert process stewardship for the different areas of team operation as he/she may be required to handle certain processes as the need arises
- Good in spoken and written English, Chinese/Cantonese and Bahasa communication.
- Ability to engage internal and external stakeholders at all levels.
- Ability to flex to different personalities and effectively work with a diverse group of people.
- Promotes inclusion and open communication in the workplace.
- Passion in developing others.
- Reliable, team player and self-motivated
Relocation will not be considered.
Expatriate assignments will not be considered.
Regulatory Disclosure for US Positions:
Chevron is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or other status protected by law or regulation.
Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as required by law.
Chevron is one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies. Our success is driven by our people and their commitment to get results the right way – by operating responsibly, executing with excellence, applying innovative technologies and capturing new opportunities for profitable growth. Some of our specialties include generating power and produce geothermal energy; investing in profitable renewable energy and energy efficiency solutions; and developing the energy resources of the future, including researching advanced biofuels.
Our diverse and highly skilled workforce consists of approximately 64,700 employees, including more than 3,200 service station employees. At Chevron, we’re focused on safely delivering the energy needed to power human and economic progress worldwide. But how do we do that when harnessing fossil fuels can be inherently risky? To meet these challenges, Chevron has spent more than 20 years expanding systems that support a culture of safety and environmental stewardship that strives to achieve unequaled performance and prevent all serious incidents and fatalities. We call this Operational Excellence, and it drives everything we do.
Diversity & Inclusion
We’re committed to reflecting in our workforce the rich diversity of cultures and racial and ethnic backgrounds in the communities where we live and work. We’re also devoted to encouraging a diversity of ideas.
Diversity is one of the cornerstones of our values, which we call The Chevron Way. The Chevron Way states:
“We learn from and respect the cultures in which we work. We value and demonstrate respect for the uniqueness of individuals and the varied perspectives and talents they provide. We have an inclusive work environment and actively embrace a diversity of people, ideas, talents and experiences.”
As a core value, diversity is critical to developing a talented, high-performing workforce needed for ongoing business success. The Chevron Way’s focus on people has helped establish a culture that attracts, develops and retains more diverse talent.
We Support Career & Personal Development
We value the importance of managing work/life priorities by offering flexible work schedules, on-site child care at some facilities, adoption assistance, dual-career couple support, scholarships and tuition reimbursement.
At Chevron, you’ll find a workplace committed to your professional development. You’ll receive support and tools to create your own career path, including education assistance support which pays up to 75% of the cost (including tuition, textbooks, lab fees, and registration and administration fees) for approved courses. To strengthen organizational capability, we develop our employees’ and contractors’ skills and experience through our Invest in People strategy. As part of this strategy, discussions focused on continually improving individual performance are held between managers and employees.
Chevron is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.