Skills: Business Analyst, IT - SAP / ERP
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Buenos Aires, Buenos Aires, Argentina
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
This is a position only for Buenos Aires, Argentina
High Level Job Description / Scope:
Chevron is seeking a candidate to join the Enterprise Software and Services team in Buenos Aires, Argentina as an SAP PRA Analyst to provide functional upstream accounting and SAP technical expertise in support of Chevron's Finance Shared Services organization. The work scope involves troubleshooting, analysis, coordination, and deployment of SAP PRA solutions for Chevron's Global Finance functions, in areas such as Production & Regulatory Reporting, Ownership, Revenue, and Tax & Royalty.
Job activities can include but are not limited to:
- Working with colleagues, users, and other support teams to troubleshoot and resolve production issues.
- Working closely with Business Partners to gather business requirements.
- Analyzing and understanding system capabilities.
- Configuring SAP software to meet business needs or resolve issues.
- Working with developers to design and implement custom solutions.
- Devising, executing, and analyzing system tests to verify solutions' effectiveness.
- Overseeing the deployment of those solutions to the production environments.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Management Information systems or Business, Finance, or
• 2-4 years of system application support or implementation experience.
• Excellent customer focus and results-orientation.
• Excellent English communication skills in both oral and written.
• Occasional international travel could be required.
• Experience in working on or using SAP or another ERP.
• Ability to Read/Write ABAP programming language.
• Experience working in a global, multi-cultural IT Support Model environment.
CRITICAL SELECTION CRITERIA:
- Technical Skills and Business Process Knowledge:
- Candidate should have experience in application operations support and/or project design/implementation (preferably SAP PRA modules Production and Production Regulatory, Ownership, Revenue, and Tax & Royalty). An understanding of IT concepts such as application configuration, database schemas, integration across platforms, programming, system landscapes, and Business Intelligence would be helpful, as well as exposure to SAP or other ERPs. Understanding of one or more Financial or Upstream Business Processes, and a solid foundation in ITSM and project management methodology processes and tools are a plus.
- Analytical and Problem Solving:
- Strong analytical skills to quickly analyze and resolve problems with business processes and associated systems are a must. Coordination, communication, and collaboration skills to marshal technical assistance from internal and external IT organizations are often required. Needs the ability to collect and understand business requirements, and ultimately translate them into processes and procedures that support successful configuration and deployment of a solution. Agility, motivation, and a strong sense of urgency are needed to manage multiple priorities
- Communication Skills:
- Must be able to communicate in a clear, concise and understandable manner across all levels of a culturally and geographically diverse environment. Must know how to translate IT issues so that they are easily understandable by Business Partners, and to tailor the message to audiences at various levels of management with varying levels of technical and business proficiency. Needs to listen carefully and ask clarifying questions in order to understand the views, concerns and comments of others. Experience facilitating meetings with a diverse set of internal and external stakeholders is a plus. Goals are to ensure meeting objectives are met, issues are captured, and a concise record is created.
- Leadership and Collaboration
- Must be able to work independently, but also be collaborative and demonstrate One Team Behaviors. Must willingly take ownership of deliverables (i.e. develop plans with clear and achievable goals and then follow through to completion). The job often requires cross-functional cooperation, so should be able to take the lead to coordinate efforts across a broad range of stakeholders and groups and push to get completion and final resolution. The ability to work seamlessly and effectively with multiple cultures, nationalities, and geographies is one of the keys to this role.
This is a position only for Buenos Aires, Argentina
Chevron is one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies. Our success is driven by our people and their commitment to get results the right way – by operating responsibly, executing with excellence, applying innovative technologies and capturing new opportunities for profitable growth. Some of our specialties include generating power and produce geothermal energy; investing in profitable renewable energy and energy efficiency solutions; and developing the energy resources of the future, including researching advanced biofuels.
Our diverse and highly skilled workforce consists of approximately 64,700 employees, including more than 3,200 service station employees. At Chevron, we’re focused on safely delivering the energy needed to power human and economic progress worldwide. But how do we do that when harnessing fossil fuels can be inherently risky? To meet these challenges, Chevron has spent more than 20 years expanding systems that support a culture of safety and environmental stewardship that strives to achieve unequaled performance and prevent all serious incidents and fatalities. We call this Operational Excellence, and it drives everything we do.
Diversity & Inclusion
We’re committed to reflecting in our workforce the rich diversity of cultures and racial and ethnic backgrounds in the communities where we live and work. We’re also devoted to encouraging a diversity of ideas.
Diversity is one of the cornerstones of our values, which we call The Chevron Way. The Chevron Way states:
“We learn from and respect the cultures in which we work. We value and demonstrate respect for the uniqueness of individuals and the varied perspectives and talents they provide. We have an inclusive work environment and actively embrace a diversity of people, ideas, talents and experiences.”
As a core value, diversity is critical to developing a talented, high-performing workforce needed for ongoing business success. The Chevron Way’s focus on people has helped establish a culture that attracts, develops and retains more diverse talent.
We Support Career & Personal Development
We value the importance of managing work/life priorities by offering flexible work schedules, on-site child care at some facilities, adoption assistance, dual-career couple support, scholarships and tuition reimbursement.
At Chevron, you’ll find a workplace committed to your professional development. You’ll receive support and tools to create your own career path, including education assistance support which pays up to 75% of the cost (including tuition, textbooks, lab fees, and registration and administration fees) for approved courses. To strengthen organizational capability, we develop our employees’ and contractors’ skills and experience through our Invest in People strategy. As part of this strategy, discussions focused on continually improving individual performance are held between managers and employees.
Chevron is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.