Skills: Business Development
Experience: 8 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Bangkok, Thailand
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Chevron (Thailand) Ltd. is a subsidiary wholly owned of Chevron Corporation, the third largest global energy company in terms of global oil reserves, and the fourth largest in terms of global oil and natural gas production.
Established in 1948, Chevron (Thailand) Ltd. has been serving retail and commercial customers in Thailand for over a half a century through its Caltex brand. The company has a nationwide network of approximately 400 retail outlets. It distributes various fuels, including premium and regular gasohol, unleaded gasoline and diesel. Additionally, the company markets and distributes an extensive range of quality lubricants, including automotive engine oil and industrial lubricants.
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
- Helps identify and steward new Retailers, may be with the help of a Business Consultant, based on the retailer selection process.
- Prepares and endorses branding proposals and works with Investors to align their projects in support of business objectives.
- Approves expenditures within assigned or delegated authority level and determines/expedites higher approvals as needed.
- Manages and provides support on post-acquisition /retention actions including but not limited to RORO (Retailer Owned, Retailer Operated) transactions, de-brands, restructuring deals, and loan conversions.
- Coordinates site development with appropriate topic expert support groups within the organization including but not limited to: Credit, Legal, Business Planning Group, and Asset Optimization Team.
- Manages including economic analysis, credit review, supply logistics, agreement preparation, branding, rebranding, image requirements, and training.
- Provides tools and training to Marketing Assistant (if applicable) and identifies ways to remove barriers when possible.
- Meets with new or competitive Retailers identified to Discuss the advantages of the Caltex Brand and reviews the Retailers plans to construct new sites or rebrand.
- Forecasts with entire acquisition team regarding RORO acquisition capital, expense requirement and sales goals based on the requirements of the market.
- Monitors/communicates site's actual performance versus projections, and actual branding cost versus budgeted cost.
- Communicates performance to team and identifies corrective actions for areas of concern.
- Keeps informed of competitive intelligence including acquisition activity.
- At least Bachelor's degree preferably in Economics, Business Administration or Marketing
- Minimum 8 years of working experience in related fields. Retail fuel sales experience is an advantage
- Possess strong communication, interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Proficient English communications skills (speaking, writing, listening and reading)
- Excellent people skills with ability to work with diverse groups
- Good teamwork
- Performance driven, self-motivated and solution orientated
- Proficient Microsoft offices Program (e.g. Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Possess valid driving license
- Ability to travel and work in upcountry
Relocation will not be considered.
Expatriate assignments will not be considered.
Regulatory Disclosure for US Positions:
Chevron is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or other status protected by law or regulation.
Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as required by law.
Chevron is one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies. Our success is driven by our people and their commitment to get results the right way – by operating responsibly, executing with excellence, applying innovative technologies and capturing new opportunities for profitable growth. Some of our specialties include generating power and produce geothermal energy; investing in profitable renewable energy and energy efficiency solutions; and developing the energy resources of the future, including researching advanced biofuels.
Our diverse and highly skilled workforce consists of approximately 64,700 employees, including more than 3,200 service station employees. At Chevron, we’re focused on safely delivering the energy needed to power human and economic progress worldwide. But how do we do that when harnessing fossil fuels can be inherently risky? To meet these challenges, Chevron has spent more than 20 years expanding systems that support a culture of safety and environmental stewardship that strives to achieve unequaled performance and prevent all serious incidents and fatalities. We call this Operational Excellence, and it drives everything we do.
Diversity & Inclusion
We’re committed to reflecting in our workforce the rich diversity of cultures and racial and ethnic backgrounds in the communities where we live and work. We’re also devoted to encouraging a diversity of ideas.
Diversity is one of the cornerstones of our values, which we call The Chevron Way. The Chevron Way states:
“We learn from and respect the cultures in which we work. We value and demonstrate respect for the uniqueness of individuals and the varied perspectives and talents they provide. We have an inclusive work environment and actively embrace a diversity of people, ideas, talents and experiences.”
As a core value, diversity is critical to developing a talented, high-performing workforce needed for ongoing business success. The Chevron Way’s focus on people has helped establish a culture that attracts, develops and retains more diverse talent.
We Support Career & Personal Development
We value the importance of managing work/life priorities by offering flexible work schedules, on-site child care at some facilities, adoption assistance, dual-career couple support, scholarships and tuition reimbursement.
At Chevron, you’ll find a workplace committed to your professional development. You’ll receive support and tools to create your own career path, including education assistance support which pays up to 75% of the cost (including tuition, textbooks, lab fees, and registration and administration fees) for approved courses. To strengthen organizational capability, we develop our employees’ and contractors’ skills and experience through our Invest in People strategy. As part of this strategy, discussions focused on continually improving individual performance are held between managers and employees.
Chevron is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.