Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Chevron is one of the world's leading energy companies, with approximately 48,000 employees working in countries around the world. We explore, produce and transport crude oil and natural gas; refine, market and distribute fuels and other energy products; manufacture and sell petrochemical products; generate power; and develop future energy resources.
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of Legal Analyst Upstream Major Transactions located in Houston, TX thorugh May 19,2019 at 11:59 (Eastern Standard Time).
Requisition ID# 401452
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
- Displaying experience and effective application of contracting / business principles and concepts in assigned duties including:
- Preparing contracts (formulation, drafting, formatting and review)
- Obtaining SME approvals and input across multiple functions and organizations
- Acting as liaison with legal counsel for relevant internal approvals
- Managing policy and compliance assurance (STARS, Policy 30, 161, 190, 404, 422, 420, 500 SERIES)
- Liaising with Corporate Governance
- Assisting in due diligence and privilege review
- Document review and management
- Create and maintain negotiation summary tables
- Preparing closing documents for transactions
- Participating in closings: create/update closing list, distribute documents/signature pages, and draft closing certificates
- Preparing closing binders with attention to collection/follow-up of routine post-closing items and matters
- Providing advice to SBUs / Projects in contracting policy, procedures and practices
- Facilitating team and project meetings
- Conducting legal research
- Managing MTLG's SharePoint site and other online tools
- Multi-tasking and prioritizing work assignments to consistently provide high quality work product within stated deadlines
- Bachelor's Degree
- Paralegal Certificate
- Minimum of three years transactional experience as a legal analyst or paralegal
- Demonstrated proficiencies in critical analysis, project management and data management.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite tools, Adobe Acrobat, and legal research applications
- Flexibility around project assignments and deadlines
- Strong communications skills (both oral and written). Ability to communicate effectively across broad functional and organizational lines
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with peers and with attorneys
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to maintain high quality performance with varied deadlines and competing priorities
- Ability to travel on occasion
- Demonstrated good teamwork experience, the ability to handle multiple assignments and ability to have positive impact on projects while working under tight deadlines
- Knowledge and understanding of internal tools and platforms such as TeamConnect, SharePoint, OneNote, and Teams
- Strong organizational skills
Relocation may be considered within Chevron parameters.
Expatriate assignments will not be considered.
Chevron regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment Visas or consider individuals on time-limited Visa status for this position.
Regulatory Disclosure for US Positions:
Chevron is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breast-feeding and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin or ancestry, age, mental or physical disability (including medical condition), military or veteran status, political preference, marital status, citizenship, genetic information or other status protected by law or regulation.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need assistance or an accommodation, please email us at email@example.com .
Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as required by law.
Nearest Major Market: Houston
Chevron is one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies. Our success is driven by our people and their commitment to get results the right way – by operating responsibly, executing with excellence, applying innovative technologies and capturing new opportunities for profitable growth. Some of our specialties include generating power and produce geothermal energy; investing in profitable renewable energy and energy efficiency solutions; and developing the energy resources of the future, including researching advanced biofuels.
Our diverse and highly skilled workforce consists of approximately 64,700 employees, including more than 3,200 service station employees. At Chevron, we’re focused on safely delivering the energy needed to power human and economic progress worldwide. But how do we do that when harnessing fossil fuels can be inherently risky? To meet these challenges, Chevron has spent more than 20 years expanding systems that support a culture of safety and environmental stewardship that strives to achieve unequaled performance and prevent all serious incidents and fatalities. We call this Operational Excellence, and it drives everything we do.
Diversity & Inclusion
We’re committed to reflecting in our workforce the rich diversity of cultures and racial and ethnic backgrounds in the communities where we live and work. We’re also devoted to encouraging a diversity of ideas.
Diversity is one of the cornerstones of our values, which we call The Chevron Way. The Chevron Way states:
“We learn from and respect the cultures in which we work. We value and demonstrate respect for the uniqueness of individuals and the varied perspectives and talents they provide. We have an inclusive work environment and actively embrace a diversity of people, ideas, talents and experiences.”
As a core value, diversity is critical to developing a talented, high-performing workforce needed for ongoing business success. The Chevron Way’s focus on people has helped establish a culture that attracts, develops and retains more diverse talent.
We Support Career & Personal Development
We value the importance of managing work/life priorities by offering flexible work schedules, on-site child care at some facilities, adoption assistance, dual-career couple support, scholarships and tuition reimbursement.
At Chevron, you’ll find a workplace committed to your professional development. You’ll receive support and tools to create your own career path, including education assistance support which pays up to 75% of the cost (including tuition, textbooks, lab fees, and registration and administration fees) for approved courses. To strengthen organizational capability, we develop our employees’ and contractors’ skills and experience through our Invest in People strategy. As part of this strategy, discussions focused on continually improving individual performance are held between managers and employees.
Chevron is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.