Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Makati, Metro Manila, Philippines
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Chevron is one of the world's leading energy companies, with approximately 60,000 employees working in countries around the world. We explore, produce and transport crude oil and natural gas; refine, market and distribute fuels and other energy products; manufacture and sell petrochemical products; generate power; and develop future energy resources, including biofuels and geothermal energy. To learn more, visit the Explore Chevron website.
Chevron Holdings Inc. (CHI) is a pioneer and leading multi-function Shared Services Center in the Philippines located in Makati City. With a workforce of more than 1,000, CHI delivers business services and solutions in areas such as finance, human resources, procurement, marketing support and information technology.
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of Invoice Processing Analyst located in Makati City, Philippines.
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
Deliver Service Billing Engagement (SBE) commitments based on expertise not on routines. The work summary commitments per SBE are as follows:
- Process invoices and credit memos in SAP timely and accurately based on information provided by the business unit.
- Process urgent invoices and payment requests timely (within prescribed cut-off time) and accurately based on information provided.
- Create or modify real estate contracts based on request from Property Database Administrator.
- Run monthly control object settlement:
• Initiate payment processing of withholding tax payable to IRAS for Singapore;
• Process/Prepare withholding tax certificate/form for submission to in-country Tax Manager for Malaysia; and
• Generate VAT report from SAP and submit to in-country Finance for their VAT reporting for Thailand.
- Process and replenish petty cash fund requirements of the business units in the Philippines.
- Perform the monthly/weekly accrual process timely (Retail Payables).
- Demonstrate strong business focus by ensuring timely and accurate response to customer queries.
- Sustain strong internal control but ensure compliance and performance of SOX controls related to the process.
- Apply financial discipline and perform Accounts Reconciliation for assigned GL Accounts in accordance with Finance Accounts Reconciliation Standard.
- Understand and be familiar with the 7 criteria for a reconciled account.
- Understand the nature of the accounts and the related business drivers.
- Exercise fiduciary oversight over scope of responsibility.
- Perform backup role as needed to ensure business continuity and the deliverables of the team are always met.
- Initiate and implement process improvements to sustain/increase quality of work, realize efficiencies and/or make the processes more effective. Always challenge, streamline, improve and innovate. Trust the established process but exercise healthy skepticism as there is always opportunity to find process enhancements to eliminate complexities without sacrificing controls.
- Communicate effectively at all levels of the organization as a means to achieving individual and team goals.
- Proactively involve and escalate pressing issues to the supervisor on a timely manner.
- Proactively share best practices and lessons learned within the team. Conduct regular process checks to ensure process alignment.
- Establish meaningful and productive relationships with key stakeholders of Invoice Processing that can contribute to the smooth delivery of performance goals and commitments.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Must have the propensity to work in a proactive, results-oriented, and customer-focused environment.
- Enjoys working with people of diverse cultural backgrounds.
- Experience in SAP
Chevron is one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies. Our success is driven by our people and their commitment to get results the right way – by operating responsibly, executing with excellence, applying innovative technologies and capturing new opportunities for profitable growth. Some of our specialties include generating power and produce geothermal energy; investing in profitable renewable energy and energy efficiency solutions; and developing the energy resources of the future, including researching advanced biofuels.
Our diverse and highly skilled workforce consists of approximately 64,700 employees, including more than 3,200 service station employees. At Chevron, we’re focused on safely delivering the energy needed to power human and economic progress worldwide. But how do we do that when harnessing fossil fuels can be inherently risky? To meet these challenges, Chevron has spent more than 20 years expanding systems that support a culture of safety and environmental stewardship that strives to achieve unequaled performance and prevent all serious incidents and fatalities. We call this Operational Excellence, and it drives everything we do.
Diversity & Inclusion
We’re committed to reflecting in our workforce the rich diversity of cultures and racial and ethnic backgrounds in the communities where we live and work. We’re also devoted to encouraging a diversity of ideas.
Diversity is one of the cornerstones of our values, which we call The Chevron Way. The Chevron Way states:
“We learn from and respect the cultures in which we work. We value and demonstrate respect for the uniqueness of individuals and the varied perspectives and talents they provide. We have an inclusive work environment and actively embrace a diversity of people, ideas, talents and experiences.”
As a core value, diversity is critical to developing a talented, high-performing workforce needed for ongoing business success. The Chevron Way’s focus on people has helped establish a culture that attracts, develops and retains more diverse talent.
We Support Career & Personal Development
We value the importance of managing work/life priorities by offering flexible work schedules, on-site child care at some facilities, adoption assistance, dual-career couple support, scholarships and tuition reimbursement.
At Chevron, you’ll find a workplace committed to your professional development. You’ll receive support and tools to create your own career path, including education assistance support which pays up to 75% of the cost (including tuition, textbooks, lab fees, and registration and administration fees) for approved courses. To strengthen organizational capability, we develop our employees’ and contractors’ skills and experience through our Invest in People strategy. As part of this strategy, discussions focused on continually improving individual performance are held between managers and employees.
Chevron is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.