Skills: Petroleum Engineering
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Our Aberdeen office is looking for a graduate petroleum engineer to strengthen our team; the desired start date is September 2019. We can only consider applicants who will have completed their studies by September 2019.
In the U.K., we use our resources and years of experience finding and producing oil and natural gas to provide the energy that drives human progress.
- We have a diverse upstream portfolio with interests in 11 offshore producing fields in the U.K.
- We operate four fields and have non-operated interests in seven more. Our asset classes range from high-pressure, high-temperature gas condensate fields, to heavy oil fields and subsea development.
- We apply our technology, technical expertise and experience to operate safely and reliably, unlock new opportunities, and sustain a competitive advantage.
- To find out more about our operations in the UK please follow the link https://unitedkingdom.chevron.com/about
The successful candidate will start in one of our asset teams as a graduate petroleum engineer typically as a production or reservoir engineer.
They will be responsible for:
• Monitoring daily operations,
• Production optimization,
• Review and assessment of field development plans,
• Support various projects for example, drilling campaigns and reservoir surveillance activities.
In addition to on the job learning there is the opportunity to enhance and accelerate career development through focused training.
• MEng/BEng/BSc in Engineering or Geology at 2.1 or greater
• Strong analytical & technical skills with a practical approach to problem solving
• Excellent communication skills, written & verbal
• Strong interpersonal and time management skills
• Proactive and ability to challenge where appropriate
• Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Preferred - MSc Degree in petroleum engineering discipline
- Previous experience in the oil and gas industry, including internships, would be an advantage
Chevron is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or other status protected by law or regulation.
Chevron is one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies. Our success is driven by our people and their commitment to get results the right way – by operating responsibly, executing with excellence, applying innovative technologies and capturing new opportunities for profitable growth. Some of our specialties include generating power and produce geothermal energy; investing in profitable renewable energy and energy efficiency solutions; and developing the energy resources of the future, including researching advanced biofuels.
Our diverse and highly skilled workforce consists of approximately 64,700 employees, including more than 3,200 service station employees. At Chevron, we’re focused on safely delivering the energy needed to power human and economic progress worldwide. But how do we do that when harnessing fossil fuels can be inherently risky? To meet these challenges, Chevron has spent more than 20 years expanding systems that support a culture of safety and environmental stewardship that strives to achieve unequaled performance and prevent all serious incidents and fatalities. We call this Operational Excellence, and it drives everything we do.
Diversity & Inclusion
We’re committed to reflecting in our workforce the rich diversity of cultures and racial and ethnic backgrounds in the communities where we live and work. We’re also devoted to encouraging a diversity of ideas.
Diversity is one of the cornerstones of our values, which we call The Chevron Way. The Chevron Way states:
“We learn from and respect the cultures in which we work. We value and demonstrate respect for the uniqueness of individuals and the varied perspectives and talents they provide. We have an inclusive work environment and actively embrace a diversity of people, ideas, talents and experiences.”
As a core value, diversity is critical to developing a talented, high-performing workforce needed for ongoing business success. The Chevron Way’s focus on people has helped establish a culture that attracts, develops and retains more diverse talent.
We Support Career & Personal Development
We value the importance of managing work/life priorities by offering flexible work schedules, on-site child care at some facilities, adoption assistance, dual-career couple support, scholarships and tuition reimbursement.
At Chevron, you’ll find a workplace committed to your professional development. You’ll receive support and tools to create your own career path, including education assistance support which pays up to 75% of the cost (including tuition, textbooks, lab fees, and registration and administration fees) for approved courses. To strengthen organizational capability, we develop our employees’ and contractors’ skills and experience through our Invest in People strategy. As part of this strategy, discussions focused on continually improving individual performance are held between managers and employees.
Chevron is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.