Skills: IT - Software Development
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: San Ramon, California, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of DSC IT Ops - Software Engineer, Order to Cash located in San Ramon, CA California / United States through Friday, May 31, 2019 at 11:59 p.m. (Eastern Standard Time).
DS&C IT Ops, does software design and implementation with many of the leading software applications (such as Salesforce, Hybris, Dassault Enovia, Vendavo, Meridium, SAP MII), software areas (Robotic Process Automation, Mobile App Design, Cloud Technologies), and software platforms (Microsoft Azure, Force.com, Outsystems, Kony). DS&C IT Ops uses many different software tools to help in the design and implementation of these software applications, such as Jira, Jenkins, Worksoft, Capato, Ansible, Selenium, TestNG, using innovative work processes (Agile, Scrum, DevOps). DS&C IT Ops leads the efforts to deliver Analytic solutions to help the Downstream & Chemicals achieve millions of dollars in business value. DS&C IT Ops also designs and develops the integrations used to connect the applications and platforms together (APIs, Dell Boomi, Web Methods) and are responsible for the management of data within DS&C including Data Lakes and databases.
DS&C IT Ops
Mission: We engineer solutions to deliver the information that powers Chevron Downstream & Chemicals.
Vision: Our vision is a reliable, digitized, and fully automated transformation of Downstream data into business value.
Goal: Deliver business value faster while assuring reliability.
Sales Management - Order to Cash (OTC) is an IT Operations team providing support for Sales and Services applications. Mission critical applications supported by Order to Cash include Chevron Business Point (CBP) and CBP 2.0 which are used by Chevron Downstream customers around the globe to purchase Fuels and Lubricants products.
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
• Deliver projects and enhancements that connect key systems into the Chevron infrastructure.
• Design and implementation of creative software application solutions that are easily supportable.
• Help in evaluating design options and assess benefits vs. risks.
• Ensure system design balances long term supportability, security and business requirements
• Troubleshoot and resolve complex operational tickets/issues
• Modernize software applications through re-platforming, re-architecting, re-engineering, and automation.
• Actively participate on integrated DevOps Team implementing Agile methodologies with strong change management focus.
• Build domain knowledge by understanding DS&C SBU business processes.
• Mentor peers - provide technical guidance and expertise.
• Work directly with third party vendors to define technical requirements and implement solutions to interface with various external systems.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Engineering, or a closely related field
- Recent experience in Hybris application development and operational support. Able to diagnose root causes to technical issues and resolve them by designing and deploying effective solutions. Identifies and applies system and process improvements.
- Strong Java background with deeper knowledge on Spring frameworks & MVC
Data management (SQL)
- Hands on development experience in SAP Hybris 6.0+ versions
- Familiar with the integration of Hybris, SAP and other third-party applications
- Experience in development of eCommerce business-to-business (B2B) framework
- Experience with Impex, Catalog Synchronization, CronJobs, BackOffice, Cockpits, Account Management, Shopping Cart, Checkout/Payment, and Order Processing
- Ability to test end to end development
- Familiar with the build & deployment processes with Jenkins, code quality tools like Sonar, Fortify, etc.
- Recent experience in application development and operational support.
- Ability to diagnose root causes to technical issues and resolve them by designing and deploying effective solutions.
- Identify and apply system and process improvements.
- Ability to work with a team toward a common goal, staying aligned with agreed strategies, priorities and processes to deliver results.
- Adapt to changing needs and priorities.
- Ability to work effectively with team members and customers across the globe.
- Communicate clearly and effectively with peers, management, and customers across disciplines and geographies.
- Ability to remain focused upon agreed deadlines and deliverables.
- Ability to plan, organize, coordinate work activities with across multiple teams and be successful at meeting deadlines and keeping projects on time.
- Manage tasks that span support groups, end users and vendors resources.
- Take ownership of issues and initiatives and works to resolution.
Relocation may be considered.
Expatriate assignments will not be considered.
Regulatory Disclosure for US Positions:
Chevron is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or other status protected by law or regulation.
Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as required by law.
Nearest Major Market: San Francisco
Nearest Secondary Market: Oakland
Chevron is one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies. Our success is driven by our people and their commitment to get results the right way – by operating responsibly, executing with excellence, applying innovative technologies and capturing new opportunities for profitable growth. Some of our specialties include generating power and produce geothermal energy; investing in profitable renewable energy and energy efficiency solutions; and developing the energy resources of the future, including researching advanced biofuels.
Our diverse and highly skilled workforce consists of approximately 64,700 employees, including more than 3,200 service station employees. At Chevron, we’re focused on safely delivering the energy needed to power human and economic progress worldwide. But how do we do that when harnessing fossil fuels can be inherently risky? To meet these challenges, Chevron has spent more than 20 years expanding systems that support a culture of safety and environmental stewardship that strives to achieve unequaled performance and prevent all serious incidents and fatalities. We call this Operational Excellence, and it drives everything we do.
Diversity & Inclusion
We’re committed to reflecting in our workforce the rich diversity of cultures and racial and ethnic backgrounds in the communities where we live and work. We’re also devoted to encouraging a diversity of ideas.
Diversity is one of the cornerstones of our values, which we call The Chevron Way. The Chevron Way states:
“We learn from and respect the cultures in which we work. We value and demonstrate respect for the uniqueness of individuals and the varied perspectives and talents they provide. We have an inclusive work environment and actively embrace a diversity of people, ideas, talents and experiences.”
As a core value, diversity is critical to developing a talented, high-performing workforce needed for ongoing business success. The Chevron Way’s focus on people has helped establish a culture that attracts, develops and retains more diverse talent.
We Support Career & Personal Development
We value the importance of managing work/life priorities by offering flexible work schedules, on-site child care at some facilities, adoption assistance, dual-career couple support, scholarships and tuition reimbursement.
At Chevron, you’ll find a workplace committed to your professional development. You’ll receive support and tools to create your own career path, including education assistance support which pays up to 75% of the cost (including tuition, textbooks, lab fees, and registration and administration fees) for approved courses. To strengthen organizational capability, we develop our employees’ and contractors’ skills and experience through our Invest in People strategy. As part of this strategy, discussions focused on continually improving individual performance are held between managers and employees.
Chevron is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.