Skills: Business Development
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: San Ramon, California, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Chevron is one of the world's leading energy companies, with approximately 48,000 employees working in countries around the world. We explore, produce and transport crude oil and natural gas; refine, market and distribute fuels and other energy products; manufacture and sell petrochemical products; generate power; and develop future energy resources.
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of DSC IT - Oronite Business Relationship Manager located in San Ramon, CA California / United States through May 31, 2019 at 11:59 p.m. (Eastern Standard Time).
Chevron Oronite, which just celebrated its 100th year in operation, is a market leader in the lubricant additive industry. We design, manufacture, market and sell cutting edge chemical additive packages that help engines of all kinds run longer, cleaner, and more efficiently. The role of the Oronite Business Relationship Manager is to work closely with Business, Enterprise Architects, Global IT Managers, various IT Support Functions to deliver business value through IT solutions.
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
Partner with enterprise architecture and business to develop and maintain digital and business capabilities roadmap.
- Partner with the Portfolio Management Office (PMO) to ensure a healthy and well-managed initiative portfolio. Develop business case and evaluate proposals and determine strategy fit to business and IT.
- Shape business IT demand based on business value and partner with business to realize and capture potential value of portfolio.
- Develop a deep domain knowledge of business, focus on business value rather than solution to develop ideas and identify business enablement opportunities.
- Engage Oronite Global Process Owners network on processes, roles and capabilities - and annual strategies and focus areas around people, process, system, and data.
- Engage Product Owners to develop product roadmap, identify & prioritize product backlog.
- Engage Oronite regional IT Managers on global solutions, resource planning to support IT portfolio
- Engage IT functions on initiatives estimation, solution feasibility, prioritization & resource allocation.
- Manage ADM partners and software vendor on various activities, such as SOW, SLA, licensing agreement, 3rd party vendor support etc.
- Partner with Oronite Enterprise Architect and SAP Upgrade Program representative(s) to assess impact to Oronite and provide strategy and roadmap recommendation
- Bachelor's degree in Information Systems, Computer Science or related studies
- Minimum 5 years demonstrated experience in Business Analyst, BRM experience, IT Management or related field
- Demonstrated strong business acumen, excellent customer focus and strong influence skills
- Quick learner, highly motivated and results oriented to deliver value to the business
- Experience with SAP Manufacturing, Supply Chain, Finance, Salesforce, Dassault platform is a plus
- Experience in supporting business processes within the SAP solutions landscape is a plus
Relocation will not be considered.
Expatriate assignments will not be considered.
Regulatory Disclosure for US Positions:
Chevron is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or other status protected by law or regulation.
Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as required by law.
Nearest Major Market: San Francisco
Nearest Secondary Market: Oakland
Chevron is one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies. Our success is driven by our people and their commitment to get results the right way – by operating responsibly, executing with excellence, applying innovative technologies and capturing new opportunities for profitable growth. Some of our specialties include generating power and produce geothermal energy; investing in profitable renewable energy and energy efficiency solutions; and developing the energy resources of the future, including researching advanced biofuels.
Our diverse and highly skilled workforce consists of approximately 64,700 employees, including more than 3,200 service station employees. At Chevron, we’re focused on safely delivering the energy needed to power human and economic progress worldwide. But how do we do that when harnessing fossil fuels can be inherently risky? To meet these challenges, Chevron has spent more than 20 years expanding systems that support a culture of safety and environmental stewardship that strives to achieve unequaled performance and prevent all serious incidents and fatalities. We call this Operational Excellence, and it drives everything we do.
Diversity & Inclusion
We’re committed to reflecting in our workforce the rich diversity of cultures and racial and ethnic backgrounds in the communities where we live and work. We’re also devoted to encouraging a diversity of ideas.
Diversity is one of the cornerstones of our values, which we call The Chevron Way. The Chevron Way states:
“We learn from and respect the cultures in which we work. We value and demonstrate respect for the uniqueness of individuals and the varied perspectives and talents they provide. We have an inclusive work environment and actively embrace a diversity of people, ideas, talents and experiences.”
As a core value, diversity is critical to developing a talented, high-performing workforce needed for ongoing business success. The Chevron Way’s focus on people has helped establish a culture that attracts, develops and retains more diverse talent.
We Support Career & Personal Development
We value the importance of managing work/life priorities by offering flexible work schedules, on-site child care at some facilities, adoption assistance, dual-career couple support, scholarships and tuition reimbursement.
At Chevron, you’ll find a workplace committed to your professional development. You’ll receive support and tools to create your own career path, including education assistance support which pays up to 75% of the cost (including tuition, textbooks, lab fees, and registration and administration fees) for approved courses. To strengthen organizational capability, we develop our employees’ and contractors’ skills and experience through our Invest in People strategy. As part of this strategy, discussions focused on continually improving individual performance are held between managers and employees.
Chevron is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.