Experience: 3 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Buenos Aires, Buenos Aires, Argentina
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of SES Application Security Consultant located in Buenos Aires, Argentina
HIGH LEVEL JOB DESCRIPTION/SCOPE:
This position must apply a range of both technical (.Net, Web Services, Oracle, SQL and/or Java) and process skills to provide enterprise-wide support of Chevron's Application Security requirements.
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
- Ensure the enterprise is following application security requirements and principles, secure coding standards and best practices. Maintain secure coding guidelines.
- Develop an in-depth understanding of where our scanning and vulnerability date resides, how to access and integrate it to develop measures and deliver trending analysis and better visibility into the state of application security. This will require driving solution delivery from one of our tool providers.
- Provide operational support for Application Security technologies (HP Fortify), and consulting for remediation of application security issues.
- Support and evolve the inclusion of appropriate application security clauses in Chevron contracts (working with Procurement and Legal).
- Contribute to the evolution of application security maturity expectations and OC for the enterprise; measure CVX app security maturity; maintain relationship(s) with app security training provider and consult on content development.
- Active leadership and participation in the Application Security Technical Network (ASTN) and Software Engineering Community of Practice; connect to other CoPs.
- Stay current on application security and associated cross-functional issues.
- 3+ years of experience in designing and developing applications and knowledge in some of the following technologies: Microsoft Development Technology stack (e.g.: .NET, SCM, MVC, WCF; SOA); Java-based technology, Workflow and reporting technologies; Database technologies such as Oracle and SQL Server;
- Communication skills: Strong communication and presentation skills including the ability to interface across the IT function, and with business partners and external parties globally.
- Teamwork: Ability to work independently and in alignment with team goals
- Critical thinking and problem solving: Ability to prioritize work. Combine technical expertise, theoretical knowledge and creativity to resolve issues and concerns.
- Learning agility: Motivation and ability to learn new technologies quickly. Embrace and adapts to change; adept of learning by doing
- Technical depth and breadth
- High level comprehension of various development paradigms such as Object Oriented Programming, Web-Oriented Architecture, etc.
- Plus to have experience with the DevSecOps (CI/CD Pipeline) approach, and Agile Methodology
- Plus to have a high level understanding of industry standard lists of vulnerabilities (i.e. OWASP Top 10, SANS 25, cve.mitre, NIST, etc.)
- Ability to influence the IT function and reduce risk across the Enterprise.
- Ability to build standard operating procedures and processes.
- Strengthen ability to mitigate vulnerabilities in OWASP Top 10 and knowledge of other industry standard vulnerability lists (i.e. SANS 25, cve.mitre, NIST, etc.).
- Strengthen ability to access and integrate data to develop measures, deliver trending analysis and better visibility into the state of application security.
- Provide leadership and direction on the use of current and emerging technologies, with emphasis on application security and software engineering, based on best practices and standards relevant to Chevron.
This is a position only for Buenos Aires, Argentina
Chevron is one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies. Our success is driven by our people and their commitment to get results the right way – by operating responsibly, executing with excellence, applying innovative technologies and capturing new opportunities for profitable growth. Some of our specialties include generating power and produce geothermal energy; investing in profitable renewable energy and energy efficiency solutions; and developing the energy resources of the future, including researching advanced biofuels.
Our diverse and highly skilled workforce consists of approximately 64,700 employees, including more than 3,200 service station employees. At Chevron, we’re focused on safely delivering the energy needed to power human and economic progress worldwide. But how do we do that when harnessing fossil fuels can be inherently risky? To meet these challenges, Chevron has spent more than 20 years expanding systems that support a culture of safety and environmental stewardship that strives to achieve unequaled performance and prevent all serious incidents and fatalities. We call this Operational Excellence, and it drives everything we do.
Diversity & Inclusion
We’re committed to reflecting in our workforce the rich diversity of cultures and racial and ethnic backgrounds in the communities where we live and work. We’re also devoted to encouraging a diversity of ideas.
Diversity is one of the cornerstones of our values, which we call The Chevron Way. The Chevron Way states:
“We learn from and respect the cultures in which we work. We value and demonstrate respect for the uniqueness of individuals and the varied perspectives and talents they provide. We have an inclusive work environment and actively embrace a diversity of people, ideas, talents and experiences.”
As a core value, diversity is critical to developing a talented, high-performing workforce needed for ongoing business success. The Chevron Way’s focus on people has helped establish a culture that attracts, develops and retains more diverse talent.
We Support Career & Personal Development
We value the importance of managing work/life priorities by offering flexible work schedules, on-site child care at some facilities, adoption assistance, dual-career couple support, scholarships and tuition reimbursement.
At Chevron, you’ll find a workplace committed to your professional development. You’ll receive support and tools to create your own career path, including education assistance support which pays up to 75% of the cost (including tuition, textbooks, lab fees, and registration and administration fees) for approved courses. To strengthen organizational capability, we develop our employees’ and contractors’ skills and experience through our Invest in People strategy. As part of this strategy, discussions focused on continually improving individual performance are held between managers and employees.
Chevron is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.