Skills: QA / QC / Inspection
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
Oceaneering Inspection Division is a major provider of engineering, inspection and non-destructive testing services, with worldwide capability to the petrochemical, power generation, oil and gas and aerospace industries.
Assist the Senior Engineer with the effective provision and operation of inspection systems and services to the allocated Assets/ sites. To ensure that plant and equipment is Certified in accordance with Oceaneering and Client codes of practice, strategies and legislation.
Duties & Responsibilities
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Support the Senior Discipline Engineers in the assessment of problems both technical and operational by sourcing information, progressing actions, notification of actions etc.
- Participate in RBA reviews to assist in the development of inspection programmes.
- Develop detailed plans, programmes and workscopes for annual corrosion and integrity monitoring etc.
- Ensure these are captured in the Maintenance Management System (MMS) and/ or ACET (or similar database).
- Develop workpacks for senior engineer approval as per the inspection programme or for unplanned activities.
- Plan and organise mobilisation requirements such as technical briefings, workpacks and assist with logistics (e.g. accommodations, flights and equipment associated with site work).
- Review and process inspection reports, anomaly reports (e.g. Inspection Queries (IQ) and Remedial Orders (RO)) etc., as directed by senior engineers.
- Where required update the Maintenance Management System (MMS) and/ or ACET (or similar database) with inspection data including that from corrosion monitoring.
- Maintain registers such as for dead legs and temporary repairs.
- Provide coordination in implementing the anomaly process
- Assess corrosion monitoring and inspection data in the database and where appropriate recommend changes in the corrosion monitoring/ inspection programmes.
- Coordinate and issue reports for performance management or integrity data e.g. overdue reports, KPIs, as directed by your line manager.
- Review as directed CTRs for future jobs. Perform relief Offshore/ Site Inspection Engineer duties as required within the limitations of your Letter of Authority (LoA).
Directly supervises 4 non-supervisory employees (2x AE, 2x CAD/Acet) in IM department. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
Responsibilities include training of employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Qualifications and Training
- Minimum UKAS RG2 Category 4 compatible (E)
- ONC in Mechanical Eng or NVQ Level 3 (such as in City & Guilds) in a suitable engineering subject (E)
(Mechanical Engineering (P))
Note: ONC in Fabrication & welding or other similar subject could be considered provided the individual has other qualification e.g. ASME or API certification.
Alternatively, EngTech as defined by the Eng Council (or equivalent), through a suitable Engineering Institute such as IMarEST and Plant Inspector/Society of Operations Eng.
Note: BINDT is not deemed an engineering institute, thus other appropriate qualification and experience would be required
- HNC or greater in an Engineering related discipline (P)
- Incorporated Engineer as defined by the Engineering Council or working towards award (P)
- Offshore medical, BOSIET and MIST certification (P)
- NDT certification for core techniques (P)
- Confined Space Entry training (P)
- Minimum 5 years of specific experience related to the job description (E). This could possibly be reduced based on qualifications such as an Engineering/ Science degree and type of experience.
- Must be able to demonstrate working knowledge of design, manufacture, metallurgy, welding, codes, standards, risk assessments and legislation associated with the in-service inspection of plant and equipment (P)
- Must be familiar with QA/QC systems/procedures and NDE techniques (E)
- Microsoft Office (E)
- ACET or equivalent (P)
Required Skills and Aptitudes
- Ability to generate a team approach to problem solving (E)
- Good communicator both written and verbal (E)
Essential Job Functions
Specific vision abilities for this job are required (all those who carry out field works should have this validated by undergoing an annual eye test.