Skills: IT - Analysis & Management
Experience: 3 + Years
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Roles and Responsibilities :
- Attends seminars and online training as required for professional and business needs.
- Ensures that the basic MBO cycle (Job description, SOP, quarterly performance review, SLP3, objectives, etc) is implemented for everyone including himself and for those under his/her supervision.
- Manages personal development and keeps current on technology advances within the domain of Data Science.
- Data Scientist will be in charge of research and delivery of Proof of Concepts solutions, responding to clear and specific business needs. Extra scope of the role includes project management, data preparation, data analysis, model development and fundamental research in the domain of Artificial Intelligence.
- Machine/Deep Learning (algorithms, neural networks)
- Natural Language Processing (detection, classification)
- Computer Vision (object recognition/tracking, OCR/handwriting recognition)
- Probabilistic Models, Markov Random Fields, Bayesian networks, semi-supervised learning
- AI vendor platforms: Google, Microsoft Azure, Amazon
Qualifications and Experience:
• Masters/PhD in Computer Science, Applied Mathematics & Statistics with Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence courses.
• 3+ years in a Data Scientist position.
• Proficiency in data processing and machine learning including clustering, regression, classification, natural language processing, time series, neural network
• Proficiency with Python and its various libraries for data processing, visualization and modeling (Scikit-learn, Matplotlib, Pandas, PySpark, Keras etc.), Matlab or R
• Expertise in visualizing and manipulating big datasets
• Experience working on Tableau/Spotfire/PowerBI, exposure to working in Linux
• Cloud based data processing and model deployment experience (GCP/Azure)
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
Schlumberger is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor - priority referral Protected Veterans requested.
A tradition of excellence and innovation
We’re the world’s leading provider of integrated pore-to-pipeline technology solutions to the oil and gas industry. We’re also a leading employer in our sector—with a reputation for hiring the best and the brightest people and keeping them at the top of their game through rewarding career-long development opportunities.
Each day, in 85 countries, we help our customers find and produce oil and gas in ways that demonstrate respect for both people and the environment. Today’s industry challenges call for new ideas, techniques, and solutions. If you want to drive your career and want to grow with a company that’s embraced new ways of thinking since 1927, we may have the career for you.
Schlumberger is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.