Skills: Mechanical Engineering
Education: Masters Degree
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Assist in design and support of Rotating Control Device (RCD) systems for land and deepwater applications along with other sub-components.
- Assist in identifying and developing product requirements based on customer input.
- Conduct and/or participate in technical reviews of requirements, specifications, and designs of products. Ensure commitments are agreed, reviewed and met.
- Analyze, design, develop, maintain products and assist in their commercialization - in agreement with project technical and timing objectives.
- Design, produce analyses, mathematical models and draw design conclusions.
- Create detailed drawings of the designed products.
- Co-ordinate with 3 rd party vendors for building prototypes, with field support group for prototype testing, and with operations for customer support.
- Utilize CLM (Concurrent Lifecycle Management) techniques to execute new product development and sustaining of legacy products.
- Make presentations effectively to technical staff and management.
- Mentor junior engineers and designers as required.
- Complies with applicable company policies, including Personnel, Quality System and Health, Safety and Environment standards and procedures.
- Successfully complete required safety training as required by the organization.
Employees may be assigned other duties, in addition to, or in lieu of those described above, according to the needs of the location or Company.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor's in Mechanical Engineering plus 5yrs industry related experience or Master's in Mechanical Engineering with atleast 2yrs industry related experience
- Atleast 2 yrs. experience in New Product Development (NPD).
- Experience with hydraulic component design, design of pressure vessels (preferred)
- Experience with design of rotating parts, bearings and seals (preferred)
- Working knowledge of drilling process (preferred)
- Working knowledge of Finite Element Analysis (FEA)
- Good vendor management and communication skills
- Familiarity with API Standards (preferred)
- Working knowledge of CREO/ Pro-E and/or SolidWorks
- Travel requirements: 0 - 20%
- Candidates must be able to legally work and reside in the US, without sponsorship
Dynamic Pressure Management (DPM), a sub-segment within M-I SWACO provides a complete range of engineered pressure control solutions to safely manage the pressure barrier in the well, ensure wellbore integrity, and drill more efficiently with reduced risk, less NPT, and greater borehole stability. The Rotating Control Device (RCD) group within DPM is responsible for new product development and sustaining of rotating control devices used within MPD applications.
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
Schlumberger is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor- priority referral Protected Veterans requested.
A tradition of excellence and innovation
We’re the world’s leading provider of integrated pore-to-pipeline technology solutions to the oil and gas industry. We’re also a leading employer in our sector—with a reputation for hiring the best and the brightest people and keeping them at the top of their game through rewarding career-long development opportunities.
Each day, in 85 countries, we help our customers find and produce oil and gas in ways that demonstrate respect for both people and the environment. Today’s industry challenges call for new ideas, techniques, and solutions. If you want to drive your career and want to grow with a company that’s embraced new ways of thinking since 1927, we may have the career for you.
Schlumberger is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.