Skills: IT - Analysis & Management
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Douglas, Wyoming, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Anadarko is searching for one Spatial Data Analyst to be part of Anadarko's Spatial Data Team located in Casper or Douglas, WY. The SD team works with many teams including Operations, Mechanical Integrity, Construction and Engineering to ensure that data collected by surveyors and internal data collectors meets corporate requirements for accuracy and completeness. As a part of the SD team, the Field Data Collection role will focus on supporting these teams to keep new and existing data updated and evergreen along with identifying and championing new tools, techniques, training and solutions to support Anadarko with its spatial data needs.
The Spatial Data Team seeks to provide competitive advantage and to increase safety through the collection, validation and utilization of corporate spatial data. We are interested in individuals who enjoy a collaborative environment and working on many high profile and challenging projects. We are looking for innovative, energetic and eager individuals who demonstrate Anadarko's Core Values and are passionate about spatial data.
The ideal candidate for this position should possess the following minimum qualifications
- Minimum 1 year experience in upstream oil & gas construction or field operations is strongly preferred.
- Minimum2 years' experience in GIS, Geographic information systems hardware, software, and applications (e.g., ESRI products) is a plus
- 2 years' experience in SAP with oil and gas production/midstream operations equipment is a plus.
- Solid understanding and experience using ESRI ArcGIS.
- Field data collection/positioning technologies are a plus
- Database management systems (e.g., Microsoft SQL Server data scripting, Microsoft Office Access) is a plus
- Ability to integrate new geospatial data management technologies and software engineering tools into existing structures.
- Scripting languages such as Python and Java are a plus.
- Experience in upstream Oil and Gas construction or field operations is strongly preferred.
- Strong computer (Microsoft office suite, Excel, Spot fire), Communication, and leadership skills
- Possess presentation skills or the ability to develop good presentation skills
- Demonstrate the APC core values of Integrity and Trust, Servant Leadership, People and Passion, Commercial Focus and Open Communication
- Work with operations and construction to assure spatial data is kept current for all new and legacy systems.
- Work in a cross functional environment and interact with team members from various disciplines
- Demonstrated strong problem solving and prioritization skills.
- Ability to collaborate and coordinate effectively with team members and manage multiple concurrent assignments.
- Ensure completion of project set-up, data collections, processing, status reports, metrics and documentation.
- Documenting requirements in functional/technical specifications.
- Ability to work independently, express ideas clearly and concisely; cooperatively handle a wide variety of tasks.
- Use of tools and techniques for improving data reliability, efficiency, and quality.
- Data warehousing and data modeling techniques and tools.
High School Diploma or equivalent required.
Bachelor's degree in Geographic Information Systems, Geography, or GIS related field is a plus.
Valid driver's license with no restrictions that would prohibit driving a company vehicle is required. GIS certification program is a plus.
This position may be eligible for domestic relocation
The percentage of travel required for this position is 10-25%
This position is eligible for the 9/80 or 5/40 work schedule.
Anadarko does not offer sponsorship of employment-based non-immigrant visa petitions for this role
Equal Employment Opportunity
Anadarko Petroleum Corporation is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in recruiting, hiring, developing, compensating and promoting applicants and / or employees. All employment decisions are made without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other legally protected categories. This includes providing reasonable accommodation for employee's and applicant's disabilities or religious beliefs and practices.
Anadarko Petroleum Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer that complies with the laws and regulations set forth in the following 'Equal Employment Opportunity Is The Law'
Anadarko is among the world’s largest independent oil and natural gas exploration and production companies, with headquarters in The Woodlands, Texas. Our diverse portfolio of assets encompasses premier positions in major U.S. onshore shale and oil-focused opportunities in deep-water basins worldwide.
Each day, our 4,500 employees worldwide are focused on living our core values of integrity and trust, servant leadership, commercial focus, people and passion and open communication in all we do. We are committed to our mission of delivering a competitive and sustainable rate of return to shareholders by exploring for, acquiring and developing oil and natural gas resources vital to the world's health and welfare.
We want a diverse set of individuals who share our values and place priority on safety and environmental protection to help us achieve our mission. We’re planning for the future and looking for exceptional people to be part of it. If our values and mission excite and interest you, we want to hear from you! Learn more at www.anadarko.com.
Like us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/anadarkopetroleumcorporation
Visit our channel on YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/AnadarkoTV
Connect with us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/anadarko-petroleum-corporation
Anadarko is ranked in the Global Top 30 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.