The Reliability Engineer has overall responsibility for measuring equipment reliability and condition monitoring as well as making recommendations to improve performance or develop contingency and mitigation plans on 3 offshore operational sites in Shell Trinidad & Tobago Limited. The incumbent supports the MRTA (Maintenance Reliability and Turnaround) Manager to deliver and sustain safe reliable production volumes.
The Reliability Engineer shall perform condition monitoring, bad actor identification, RCM analyses, FMECA analyses, identification of critical spares, and direct predictive maintenance routines in support of the equipment reliability and production availability. The incumbent shall work to achieve competitive targets as defined by AMS guidelines and in the MIE KPIs and the Business KPIs.
The position is established to work with the Site Operations Teams to review plant performance issues that affect the reliability of the operations. He/she will assist with planning the work associated with maintenance and integrity activities within Shell Trinidad & Tobago Limited. This position works with the Maintenance Execution Manager to ensure the right maintenance at the right time with the right resources at the right cost. Performance is measured by the MIE KPIs. Dimensions / Responsibilities:
- Analyzes Plant reliability performance data (Production Losses), and provides reliability data to site personnel (for Project Forms, Asset Master Planning, risk assessments, Reliability Steering Team (RST) reviews, etc.).
- Communicates performance data to the site - including site leadership, production teams, and run and maintain organization.
- Participates in Reliability Steering Team (RST) meetings as needed on various topics, and helps develop the agenda.
- Provides updates to the Operations team reliability threats, items closure status and mitigation measures for such reliability threats.
- Assists in MTA, PM, RCM, RST, Bad Actor lists
- Helps implement and execute the Manage Threat and Opportunities (MTO) Process through the Operations Support/Delivery Teams.
- Assures technical support for the RCM work process
- Defines asset availability and capability gaps.
- Assists in development of the site's Reliability Strategy to close gaps in availability, capability and competence.
- Provides resources and support for reliability issues for the Operations Management team
- Performs Deep Dives on equipment and processes based on performance, risk, and criticality. Techniques to employ here include FMEA, Fault Tree Analysis, etc.
- Integrates RCM with other key work processes.
- Provide input to the Maintenance Execution Manager on requirements for the MRTA Functional medium and long-term business planning
- Works with the MTLs and their teams to deliver responsibilities of the reliability risk reduction efforts, inclusive of critical spares and BoMs and manage MTTR of SCE and PCE equipment
- Supports proactive maintenance initiatives of the Shell T&T asset on static and rotating equipment by understanding the PM Optimisation initiatives and determining the impact on MTBF and MTTR and providing input to the strategies based on time or condition monitoring as applicable
- Works with Production Managers, OIM's and Asset Managers to support the Production Team to review barriers to the efficient and effective delivery of reliable gas production
- Execute best in class reliability strategies to achieve competitive maintenance benchmark targets.
As one of the world's leading energy companies, Shell plays a key role in helping to meet the world's growing energy demand in economically, environmentally and socially responsible ways. Shell is committed to high standards of health, safety and environmental performance; to upholding honesty, integrity and respect for people in every aspect of our operation; and to the equal treatment and development of staff. Shell has been active in Trinidad for a century. Our business activities in Trinidad include exploration and development activities, Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG) and providing high technical support to a state company.
The world faces energy challenges that are becoming more complex each day. We're looking for people who share our passion for taking on those challenges with cutting edge technology, innovative thinking and a commitment to properly managed risk. Shell develops and operates some of the largest and most complex projects in the world and we always endeavor to work at the leading edge of technical innovation.Requirements
- Legal right to work in Trinidad and Tobago without sponsorship.
- B.Sc. University Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering.
- Minimum 5 years Maintenance experience in the Petrochemical and/or Upstream energy industry.
- CRE (Certified Reliability Engineer) or CRP (Certified Reliability Professional) certification.
- Experience in Root Cause Analysis, understanding bad actors, FMECA, maintenance and repair, troubleshooting and analysis.
- Good communication skills at all levels. Excellent facilitation/team leading skills with ability to network and influence at all levels.
- Ability to work with virtual teams.
Primary work schedule is a Shift Rotation schedule of 2 weeks on a platform and 2 weeks rest period. This worker type is classified as an Offshore Worker. For office assignments which may take place from time to time, the work schedule will be Monday to Friday 7:30am to 4:00pm as required on occasion to support the exigencies of the business. This may include Saturdays, Sunday and public holidays from time to time.