Grounded in a strong culture of HSSE excellence and vigilance, Finance in Scotford is on a journey to 'World Class' in terms of advisory, commercial excellence, business performance monitoring, and accounting expertise. We believe in the strength of diversity and the impact of an inclusive workplace. We leverage growing capacity and capability in our offshore resources, to more effectively identify and exploit business-facing value opportunities and to mitigate risks to the financial control framework. Reporting to the Scotford Finance Team Lead, and based at the Scotford Refinery, Upgrader & Chemicals Facility in Ft. Saskatchewan Alberta, the FA-Ref will be primary Finance interface to Refinery leadership.
Typical duties ad attributes include, but are not limited to:
- 'Safety Leadership' behaviors, internalization of 'GOAL ZERO' on par with business partners.
- Primary single point of interface to Refinery asset leadership and front lines, finance seat at business tables, business partnering.
- Custodian of Refinery business planning, forecasting, performance, and results appraisal, with focus on OPEx (major maintenance, turn-arounds, & Capital projects supported by matrix Finance structure).
- Sit on the Refinery Projects Review Team as an integral asset to approve OPEx vs. CAPEx decisions and ensure capital portfolio is robust.
- Understanding & championing the Value & Risk drivers for the Refinery business, through self-motivated 'deep dives' while bringing a continuous improvement mindset.
- Balance Finance voice on contractual, commercial arrangements, flagging finance risks and reducing complexity.
- Providing leadership, coaching, and optimizing of our offshore teams, based in India and Asia.
- Gatekeeper for appropriate application of Shell Authorities Framework, ensuring a 'disciplined delivery' mindset.
Shell is a global group of energy and petrochemicals companies with over 90,000 employees in more than 70 countries and territories. In Canada, we have operated for over a century and are a major producer and marketer of oil, gas and petrochemicals, Canada's largest producer of sulphur and a significant oil sands developer. We deliver energy responsibly; operate safely with respect to our neighbours and work to minimize our environmental impact. We are in search of remarkable people who will thrive in a diverse and inclusive work environment to deliver exciting projects locally and globally. People who are passionate about exploring new frontiers. Innovators and pioneers. People with the drive to help shape our future.Requirements
- Must have legal right to work in Canada without sponsorship.
- Accounting designation or graduate business education preferred.
- CPA required.
- Minimum five (5) years of experience in corporate accounting/finance roles, with escalating levels of accountability, in varied business contexts.
- This position is located at our operating site, so individuals with proven site experience & success will be valued; relevant and clear corporate experience/successes will also be considered.
- Excellent communication skills, ability to influence & tailor style to audience and topic.
- Evidence of strong sense of commercial and business curiosity.
- Thrives in a dynamic team environment, passion for simplicity and speed of delivery, and shows a track-record of passion & curiosity for learning front line operations through hands-on visits.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.