Skills: Financial Audit
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
Duties & Responsibilities
Reporting to the Sr. Internal Audit Manager, the Senior Internal Auditor will be responsible for conducting assigned audit engagements based on the annual Audit Plan and in alignment with Internal Audit methodology. He/she will identify and communicate issues raised, offering recommended solutions relevant to business and risk. He/she will ensure adherence to Internal Audit policies and procedures. In addition to operational audits, he/she will execute and review SOX walkthroughs and control testing. Project examples include: business process reviews, Sarbanes-Oxley compliance, strategic risk assessments, process improvement, and special investigations. There could be up to 40% travel involved with this position.
- Work with Internal Audit Management to plan, perform, manage, and refine analytical/audit/process reviews that enhance the Company's success and control environment.
- Evaluate all business policies, procedures and related controls in to find optimal practices.
- Execute SOX compliance program and work with individual process owners within the organization
- Communicate effectively and professionally with Company Management throughout audit process with regard to developing a mutually effective audit work schedule, conducting audit status meetings, and leading the entrance and exit conferences
- Assist in the development and implementation of effective audit strategies using the COSO and Sarbanes Oxley standards
- Obtain, organize, and present evidential matter as to the reliability and adequacy of the internal control systems within the financial and operational areas of each business unit
- Keep abreast of changes in audit, accounting and industry practices and modify audit risk assessment and audit procedures accordingly
- Contribute to the development of efficiencies and effectiveness of departmental processes to improve our function/and or services
- Partner, collaborate, and team with the business to bring value-adding improvements/audit recommendations.
- Network with internal/external personnel to develop industry, business, and Company knowledge
- Work in conjunction with our external auditors as part of a continued reliance strategy
- Travel up to 40% of the year (both domestic and international)
- This position has NO supervisory responsibilities.
Reporting Relationship .
- Reports to Sr. Internal Audit Manager.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Business, Finance or related field or equivalent education and experience
- Relevant audit experience, preferably in Big 4 public accounting
- High level of competency in U.S. GAAP and IFRS, internal control principles (e.g. COSO), and IIA auditing standards
- CPA (or equivalent), CIA, CISA
- Master's Degree
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
- Technical training and experience in multiple internal audit specialties including SOX compliance, IT, financial & operational audits, fraud investigations, and data analytics
- Strong knowledge of IIA standards and ability to execute audit work in accordance with IIA standards
- Strong communication skills across all levels of management
- Strong report writing skills
- Exceptional analytical and organization skills
- Ability to lead and complete multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines
- Ability to build effective and valued relationships
- Ability to work independently and within teams
We offer a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package and the opportunity to advance in an international company. To apply, click 'Apply Now'.