Skills: Subsea Engineering
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
Duties & Responsibilities
The purpose of this position is to lead, manage and achieve the operational and business objectives in the renewables market and integrated subsea projects. This position has primary responsibilities for the European region combined with close coordination and management of projects and opportunities in other regions.
- Develop multi-year strategic business plans and priorities and set two to five year objectives.
- Develop and execute the annual operating plan with the use of department resources and effective management of Oceaneering cross business unit personnel, equipment and technologies.
- Manage operations, engineering, project management and commercial resources to successfully win and execute work. Focus on opportunities in the offshore renewables market and more select value add projects in the subsea Oil and Gas markets of the North Sea.
- Lead route clearance and trenching solutions with a focus on asset utilization and quality of offshore operations.
- Manage shared support services within the region to support the business objectives. These include Accounting, Finance, HSE, Quality, SCM, HR, Global Mobility and Business Development.
- Determine capital investment needs and expansion strategies for the region and develop related business plans.
- Coordinates, prepares, reviews and approves monthly forecasts and semi-annual planning reports
- Ensure the continued strength of Oceaneering's Culture and Core Values; hold employees accountable for commitments.
- Other Duties as assigned.
- Travel as required
- Ensure that the Safety policies and procedures are understood and adhered to so far as is reasonably practicable in order to ensure a safe working environment.
- Carry out work in accordance with the Company Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality Systems.
- Perform the assigned tasks with due diligence regarding the Integrated Management Systems on the Company.
- Eliminate waste of whatever form, to suggest the use of more environmentally friendly substances and practices and contribute to the continuous improvement of the environment.
- This position has direct supervisory responsibilities.
- This position with report to the Vice President of Subsea Projects in Houston.
- Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university plus significant related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Management experience in operations, project management, operations support or engineering.
- Ability to work well with matrixed support organizations to manage for effective and efficient execution of cross functional project teams.
- Experience in survey, construction or maintenance of offshore wind projects and operations.
- Technical acumen in the areas shallow water survey and subsea trenching
- Project Management Certification
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
- Ensures that important information from management is shared with employees and others as appropriate
- Gives and receives constructive feedback
- Ability to set meaningful goals and objectives for direct reports
- Ensures that others involved in a project or effort are kept informed about developments and plans
- Ensures that regular consistent communication takes place within area of responsibility
- Working knowledge of offshore contracting and negotiations.
We offer a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package and the opportunity to advance in an international company. To apply, click 'Apply Now'.