Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Rosyth, Scotland, United Kingdom
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
Duties & Responsibilities
To support the Supply Chain Manager and Purchasing Team by maximising purchasing power to improve competitive edge and to deliver best value, price, quality, on-time delivery, utilising purchasing tools and techniques in line with recognised best practice, legal and policy requirements.
- Individual contributor who works under limited supervision
- Under minimal supervision, applies broad knowledge of the supply chain professional discipline
- Considered an experienced professional with adequate understanding of one's own job area
- Builds relationships within and across teams and provides effective communication and listening skills
- Involvement in supply chain strategy and approach, aiding towards global goals and objectives
- Deliver aggressive year on year savings targets against project budgets, in line with procedures
- Preparation for bid work i.e. Approved Vendor Listing and ad-hoc requirements
- Develop, lead and manage the procurement process for project specific termination hardware
- Maintenance of fixed pricing schedules, maximizing long term agreements and ensuring global requirements are considered
- Manage intercompany transactions and inventory movements ensuring deadlines are met (in collaboration with Stores personnel)
- Creation of all project Work Breakdown Structures (WBS)
- Support the internal project life cycle governance process (Stage Gate Reviews) and the creation of project budgets
- Supplier selection and negotiations including terms and conditions, incoterms, payment terms, pricing and service levels.
- Support other divisions within the Rosyth campus as required
- Support Supplier Quality in vendor related non-conformances and development, ensuring lessons learned are executed fully
- Participate in HSE Awareness - Observation Cards, HSE Safety Suggestions
- Ensure that the Safety policies and procedures are understood and adhered to so far as is reasonably practicable in order to ensure a safe working environment.
- Carry out work in accordance with the Company Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality Systems.
- Perform the assigned tasks with due diligence regarding the Integrated Management Systems on the Company.
- Eliminate waste of whatever form, to suggest the use of more environmentally friendly substances and practices and contribute to the continuous improvement of the environment.
- This position has NO direct supervisory responsibilities.
- Strong negotiation skills
- Chartered Institute Purchasing and Supply (CIPS) Qualification or studying towards CIPS Qualification
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong negotiation skills
- Able to work on own initiative and also part of a team
- Competent in ERP System
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Self motivated
- Ability to understand technical drawings
We offer a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package and the opportunity to advance in an international company. To apply, click 'Apply Now'.