Skills: Dynamic Positioning
Other Skills: 6TH Generation Deepwater Drillship Experience, 3RD Mate Unlimited License, Offshore Survival, Offshore Medical, STCWII/1(DPO), Electronic Chart Display & Information Sys (ECDIS)
Experience: 4 + Years
Education: Associates/2 yr Degree/Diploma
Employment Type: Rotational Salaried Employee
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Dynamic Positioning Operator
Responsible Navigator as per international maritime regulations and responsible for the safe positioning of the unit.
6TH GENERATION DEEPWATER DRILLSHIP EXPERIENCE. 3RD MATE UNLIMITED LICENSE REQUIRED.
· Compliance with the Client Code of Conduct.
· Compliance with applicable internal and external governing requirements.
· That any operations do not exceed the limitations of the unit or its equipment
· Daily detailed planning is conducted for all upcoming operations
· That marine certification at all times is valid and available onboard.
· Safe and efficient execution of marine operations as per procedures.
· That all relevant personnel are adequately trained in handling emergencies.
· That all emergency equipment is in good condition and configured as required.
· Stability and ballast operations are conducted according to requirements.
· Non-compliances are promptly acted on and reported to the direct supervisor.
· All relevant governing documents are revised as and when required.
· Training and competence assessments as assigned and/or required are performed.
· Compliance with the standard for tidiness and cleanness.
· Assume the safety role as per station bill and emergency preparedness plan.
· The uninterrupted manning of the dynamic positioning console.
· That neither dynamic position console nor bridge is left unattended at any time.
· All relevant governing documents are adhered to by direct reports.
· That clear daily operational guidelines are provided to all direct reports.
· Visible leadership by monitoring daily operations.
· Required logbooks are maintained and updated as per requirements.
· Thorough handovers are provided at each daily change of shift.
· Active participation in meeting activities.
· Subordinates are trained to fill higher positions.
· Other duties are performed as required and/or directed by his/her direct supervisor.
EQUIPMENT & SYSTEMS
· That the bridge equipment is maintained and maintenance is recorded.
· Equipment is prepared for future marine operations.
· As per Corporate and Regional specific Delegation of Authority matrices.
* 6TH Generation Deepwater Drillship
* 3RD Mate Unlimited License,
* Offshore Survival, Offshore Medical,
* STCWII/1 (DPO)
* Electronic Chart Display & Information Sys (ECDIS)