Skills: ROV Ops / Tech
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Raeburn is offering an opportunity for ROV Support Engineer to join our Oil and Gas client on a staff basis.
- Process received offshore MRs and assist with expediting as required.
- Assist in sourcing new ROV parts and equipment, provide clarification on part queries, assist with refurbishment or ROV equipment.
- Implement and organise any approved modification to the ROV system, ensuring all changes are fully documented and included in the manual as per Quality Procedures.
- Assist with recording statistics on ROV reliability, by subsystems.
- Monitor maintenance logs, collate information for analysis, MTBF, etc.
- Assist with monitoring cost of ROVs R & M, including cost sheets.
- Monitor receipt of ROV technical reports.
- Conduct ROV System audits including checking inventories.
- Prepare operational procedures relevant to ROV operations on managed vessels and assist in preparing ROV Procedures for projects.
- Process received Project ROV equipment MRs and assist with expediting as required.
- Ensure all ROV spares and related equipment shipments are dealt with in line with planned schedule and to minimise possible interruption of the operational activities.
- Distribute received offshore paperwork to the applicable departments.
- Perform acceptance inspections before mobilisation of any vehicle (ROV/Trencher) and / or ROV related equipment supplies to the project. Request demobilisation reports for applicable equipment.
- Verify that offshore ROV personnel assigned to the project are fit for purpose. Identify any potential problems with allocated resources or planned crew changes and report to Project Manager/ROV Personnel Supervisor.
- Assist in the implementation, control and monitoring of overall Safety and Quality Assurance in all ROV Project related activities as laid down in the Companys Safety Quality Manuals and Procedures.
- Assist in the preparation and maintenance of budgets for Projects in relation to ROV services and associated equipment.
- Assist the Project Manager in ensuring that the Cost Controller is provided with timely adequate financial information in relation to ROV services.
- Encourage any technical developments or suggestions that will enhance the overall Project or Operational efficiency.
- Assist in ensuring that all ROV related aspects of Project Administration, Engineering and Operations fulfil the Contract requirements and are conducted in a safe, efficient and profitable manner.
- Participate in the off duty rota; vessel visits
- Train, mentor and/or guide ROV offshore personnel in their area of expertise.
ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Previous offshore experience with ROV systems/operations.
- Good communication skills, ability to communicate with several departments to coordinate ROV support.
- Ability to specify, select and order mechanical, hydraulic or electrical equipment for offshore use.
- University, College or Industry education and/or training in Engineering, Electrical or Mechanical disciplines.
PLEASE NOTE: Only those with the Right to Work in the UK should apply. Raeburn do not have the ability to provide visa sponsorship, therefore current valid ability to work in the UK is required
Established in 1981, Raeburn has more than 34 years’ experience supporting our clients in the UK and international Oil & Gas and Petro-Chemical Industries.
Raeburn is built upon a solid foundation of experience and genuine hands on appreciation of our client’s project and operational developments - from the very first generation of UKCS offshore platforms to onshore refineries, tension leg platforms, pipeline and subsea completions, deep water projects, FPSO developments and de-commissioning projects, Raeburn have effectively supported our clients at all stages of their UKCS and international upstream and downstream projects and operational requirements with qualified and experienced multi-disciplined personnel.
Our combined knowledge of worldwide Oil & Gas & Petro-Chemical projects both onshore and offshore, operations and standards, our unmatched professional technical and commercial recruitment experience, pay-rolling services, access to one of the world’s largest Oil & Gas & Petro-Chemical specific databases, and our proven experience in the fields of international Visa, Work Permits, Payroll and Taxation management, ensures that Raeburn are best placed to support our clients with their recruitment needs, and provide support and advice on industry related matters.
Raeburn are fully committed to supporting our clients with all their recruitment and on-boarding requirements, and have the scalable structure, experience and dedication to provide a high quality, unrivalled and professional services enhancing efficiency and adding value to our clients’ businesses.
Raeburn have an outstanding track record of delivery for the Oil & Gas & Petro-Chemical industry’s major operators, service companies and contractors at all stages of their developments both in the UK and internationally. We are aware of the ever changing recruitment market and the need to ensure we are pro-active in the delivery of recruitment services provided to our clients, specifically in terms of legislation, technology and contractual demands.
Raeburn’s growing success is built upon our knowledge and expertise within the Oil & Gas and Petro-Chemical industries delivering the very highest of standards and reliability in sourcing the very best talent available in the market. Raeburn’s management and our teams of dedicated recruitment professionals are committed entirely to delivery and support for our clients now and in the future.