Skills: Mechanical Engineering, Pipeline Engineering, Corrosion Engineering
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Salary: To be discussed
Location: Norwich, England, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: United Kingdom
This position actively supports the specific goal of ensuring Perenco UK's pipelines remain fit for purpose until the projected end of field life dates. You will be responsible for contributing to the management of the integrity of pipelines, including ownership of Written Schemes of Examination, inspection regimes, inspection methodology, defect assessment, defect remediation recommendation and fit for purpose assessments, for onshore and offshore pipelines, in direct support of the Senior Integrity Engineer and Pipeline Competent Person.
As well as experience within pipeline related engineering work, the role also requires engineering knowledge of mechanical and corrosion damage mechanisms, repair methods and welding technology as well as Level 1 and 2 fitness for service assessment.
This role is primarily based in our Norwich office although flexibility will be required to travel to our offshore operational sites periodically.
Key responsibilities include:
• Assist the Senior Integrity Engineer and/or Pipeline Competent Person in reviewing and updating the pipelines integrity management systems;
• Ensure the continual development and operation of risk based inspection strategies, identification of damage mechanisms, active overview, guidance and responsibility for delivery of inspection cycle activities from scope agreement, technique selection, supplier selection, contract strategy, safety reviews, mobilisation, data acquisition monitoring & receipt & distribution of deliverables;
• Assist in developing the scope for subsea inspection campaigns and in reviewing the inspection results;
• Assist in developing subsea pipeline on-bottom stability anomaly criteria and remediation methods and campaigns;
• Assist the Senior Integrity Engineer and/or Pipeline Competent Person to fulfil the role of Competent Person under COMAH, GSMR and PSR regulations;
• Regulatory - fulfil the requirement for HSE liaison for technical discussion, audits and any consents and licences for new and existing facilities;
• Manage costs by controlling spending and promoting a challenging cost culture to ensure we get value from suppliers and contractors;
• Undertake preparation of annual pipeline integrity summary including 3rd party activities, under direction of the Senior Integrity Engineer and/or Pipeline Competent Person;
• Review inspection reports and prepare Repair Orders and fabric maintenance recommendations; populate PUK's WSE electronic database; provide engineering assistance for all associated Repair Orders, fabric maintenance activities necessary to maintain legal compliance;
• Review and update Written Schemes of Examination and nominated Technical Integrity Assurance Procedures (IPPPS);
• Support all assets in assessing day-to-day safety issues. Required deliverables include risk assessments, support to ORAs, MoCs and incident investigations, where necessary.
Safety Critical Tasks
There are a number of Safety Critical Tasks that you will be made aware of and systems you will be required to competently operate.
Experience / Qualifications
• The minimum requirement for this position is a recognised Metallurgy, Mechanical or Structural Engineering Degree (or similar), with Chartered status (or working towards it).
• Experience in Process / Petrochemicals Industry and / or onshore / offshore oil & gas is preferable.
• Ideally a minimum of 3 years direct experience from pipeline related engineering work, such as design, inspection, repair, integrity management and construction. Relevant experience should include pipeline design, integrity and performance analysis and experience of managing a corrosion control system.
• With an analytic eye for detail, you should have a pro-active, hands on and innovative approach to problem solving and good interpersonal, IT and communication skills.
• Working as part of the Integrity Team sharing your skills and knowledge and developing new procedures and systems is essential.
At Perenco we value and reward our people, offering competitive salaries and a wide range of benefits including:
• Discretionary bonus
• Private medical insurance
• Flexible benefit allowance
• Life assurance
• Excellent pension provision