Skills: Petroleum Engineering, Reservoir Engineering
Other Skills: MSc Petoleum Engineering, petroleum economics, well testing
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Masters Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Salary: To be discussed
Location: Norwich, England, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: United Kingdom
This is an excellent opportunity to become an integral part of our Petroleum Engineering team in Norwich. You will be in charge of reviewing wells and field in order to maximise production from mature assets. It will be expected that you will propose and assess the technical and economical feasibility of wells intervention and workover projects. This role will provide exposure to various surface and sub-surface challenges associated with managing production from gas reservoir.
You will be a positive, detail-oriented, articulate, self-motivated and autonomous individual, disciplined and organised, and capable of working independently with minimal supervision.
Key responsibilities include:
• Good knowledge in reservoir engineering, drilling and petroleum economics through past experience with multidiscipline projects.
• Challenge existing designs and well operational processes in order to apply the best technologies and practices; minimising, operating costs.
• Specify and supervise stimulation programs, in order to maximise gas recovery.
• Manage well delivery to ensure production requirements are met by supervising well performance monitoring and data gathering, assessing the well's performance and proposing solutions to enhance productivity.
• Knowledge in Gas Petroleum Engineering (PVT, IPR, VLP) and well testing. Utilising Saphire PTA software to conduct analysis on production and well test data sets.
• Review existing production well data for opportunities to utilise Topaze. Attempt to demonstrate that the software can provide meaningful assistance to the PE's during daily monitoring of asset performance.
• Conduct well test analysis on PBU data recorded with surface and downhole gauges. Attempt to find commonality with existing interpretations of this data. Present findings to team members and management, in report format and at meetings.
• Provide support to Reservoir Engineers for Field Development Studies.
• Implement well projects such as injection tests, light workovers, foaming campaign organisation, liaising with Well Services Supervisor and Well Project Supervisor
• Analyse static surveys, carrying out echometer surveys (offshore), perform the analysis and maintain the Reservoir Pressure data base.
• Knowledge using Prosper, GAP and MBAL, performing Material Balance Analysis and history matching to provide short and long term forecast and reserves estimation.
• Contribute to the writing of data acquisition programmes, appreciating the commercial implications of data acquisition and demonstrate how the information obtained can be utilised to maintain or enhance asset performance.
• Ensure all monitoring files are up to date with the latest parameters.
• When necessary attend platforms /.drilling rigs to witness and record interventions and testing activities.
Safety Critical Tasks
There are a number of Safety Critical Tasks that you will be made aware of and systems you will be required to competently operate
Experience / Qualifications
• MSc Petroleum Engineering
• 3-4 Years+ relevant experience in Petroleum Engineering
• IT Literate and familiar with IPM software (MBAL, Prosper, GAP), well testing software (Saphire), OFM or Sahara, Microsoft suite (strong in Excel)
• Track record of being able to work effectively in an onshore team environment
• Flexibility to travel offshore if required
At Perenco we value and reward our people, offering competitive salaries and a wide range of benefits including:
• Discretionary bonus
• Private medical insurance
• Flexible benefit allowance
• Life assurance
• Excellent pension provision