Skills: Engineering Manager, Mechanical Engineering
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Amur Oblast, Russia
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Job Title: Mechanical Supervisor, MES
Date of issue: 09/05/2019
Project: AGPP - Amur Gas Processing Plant
Job Location: Svobodny, Russia
Job type/Contract: Temporary
Hours/rotation: Rotation of 62 days on site and 15 days off (+ 3 paid travel days)
Salary range: Competitive salary package with benefits
- Single status;
- Full board and accommodation on site;
- Travel to home country in economy class.
Job summary/Role description:
The project concerns the EPC for the utilities, infrastructures and off-sites facilities of a greenfield plant for the treatment of Natural Gas, located in East Russia.
Mechanical Supervisor, MES directs Subcontractor activities for spheres welding or tanks welding activities, ensuring that Construction works are performed according to the erection schedules and Project documents, within the assigned cost budget, and according to Quality & Safety procedures, as well as according to the terms and conditions of the subcontract.
Duties and responsibilities:
· Prior to the start of works, to check the Supplier's material and technical documentation delivery schedule. Check that the same is in line with Construction schedules and contractual commitments;
· Prior to the start of works, control and approve the Method Statements submitted by the Subcontractors, ensuring their correct application on the field;
· Ensures the implementation of all the HSE procedures and standards for the areas or activities (subcontractors) of responsibilities;
· Participates in the HSE activities at the site as defined in the Site HSE plan and related procedures;
· Checks that the said schedule is kept to, and to promotes action to recover any delay;
· Checks that the equipment and manpower employed by the Subcontractor are adequate and that the works performed by the Subcontractor conform to design documents, Safety regulations, and to the Quality level fixed by the same;
· Performs inspections and signs the necessary certificates as per the Site Inspection Plans;
· Prepares the non-conformity register for each Subcontractor and co-ordinate nonconformity resolution;
· Detects any design errors, and where possible rectifies the same or request the Site Engineer to make the necessary changes;
· Checks Subcontractors' work progress status sheets and signs the same for approval;
· Manages vendor specialists;
· Assists the Contract Manager/Engineer in defining new prices, in preparing amendments to subcontracts and in analysing and discussing claims.
Knowledge & Qualifications:
• University Degree or Diploma in relevant discipline or equivalent.
· Relevant experience as a welding engineer;
· Good knowledge of spheres and/or tanks welding (especially in pre-commissioning and commissioning stages);
· Five (5) years of relevant field experience;
· EPC experience in the construction of Large/XL Gas processing plants;
· Similar role covered at least in last three projects, of comparable size;
· Experience working on the Contractor side.
Skills and Abilities:
• Fluent English;
• Excellent IT and analytical skills;
• Strong interpersonal, team-oriented skills, self-motivation and direction, with a strong bias toward timely performance and problem resolution;
• Attention to detail, strong communications and interpersonal skills.
Special Requirements and Comments:
Only candidates with significant experience, consistent with the relevant field, will be considered for this position.
Only spontaneous candidates will be considered for this role.
The knowledge of Russian at the working level would be advantageous.
The information submitted shall include:
- date of birth (dd/mm/yyyy)
- expected salary ($/year, gross)
- notice period (weeks)
- email address of the candidate.