Our Clients' Project Controls team based in their West London Office, require an experienced Principal Cost controller to join the team on a busy EPC contract. We need an individual who has a proven track record within Project Controls, delivering both client cost reporting and estimates. The preferred individual should ideally have experience operating in a service company environment within the oil and gas industry.
- Provide comprehensive analysis and reporting on Estimating, Cost Management and Change Control
- Prepare of all categories of estimates - OOM to Level 4 - consistent with scope definition and in accordance with estimating procedures and the Company Risk Management system
- Prioritise workload, maintain supporting registers and ensuring correlation between Estimates , Cost Reporting and client POs
- Interface with Project Manager & delivery team to develop forecasts and feedback to Contract Administrator
- Analyse data and interface with project delivery team in relation to potential cost over/under-runs, and assist with mitigation measures
- Co-ordinate & maintain a robust change management process within the project and recommend actions accordingly
- Monitor and report costs against project Target Cost Estimates.
- Challenge anomalies with time-writing and progress at project progress review meetings.
- Review and challenge Procurement and Subcontract forecasts and any expenditure not aligned with forecast
- Responsible for timely delivery of regular VOWD, cost reports, forecasts phased over time reports, cost curves & change request registers
- Highly experienced in Microsoft Office
- Highly numerate
- Proven Commercial acumen
- Experienced in project controls, specifically the areas of cost control and estimating
- Ability to work under own initiative and prioritise workload accordingly
- Good team worker
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.