Skills: Metallurgist / Materials Engineering, Corrosion Engineering, Maintenance Engineer
Experience: 7 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
- To Provide specialist advice on all matters pertaining to material/corrosion in the refinery and/or chemical plants; a technical backup, support and source of reference to the whole site on all materials selection and corrosion problems. If necessary, will be the focal point to enlist and co-ordinate the use of consultants, contractors and other specialists (internal and external).
- Assist the Production Unit under his/her care in ensuring the technical integrity of the assets and the achievement of pacesetting levels of maintained availability, reliability and facility utilisation.
- To work closely with the Inspection engineers and TA teams to develop optimum scope for the TA.
- Lead and drive alignment, standardization and improvement for materials and corrosion, inspection practices, guidelines and policies.
- Support the development of Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) to measure/trend activities relating to site integrity performance.
- To drive and facilitate the Risk Based Inspection (RBI) assessment and reviews that includes implementation of Integrity Operating Windows and Design Operating Windows.
- Lead, support and conduct failure analysis for equipment integrity related incidents.
Shell is one the largest foreign investors in Singapore and began operations in 1891. Today, we have more than 3,200 employees in Singapore alone. The Pulau Bukom Manufacturing Site today is the largest Shell refinery in the world in terms of crude distillation capacity, which makes Singapore a key regional supply and trading centre for Shell in the East. Singapore is the largest petrochemical production and export centre in the Asia Pacific region. Shell Jurong Island (SJI) manufactures petrochemicals to meet the fast-growing demand for these products in the region. We also have one of the largest single-branded retail networks in Singapore, providing customers with a wide range of quality products and services. When you join Shell in Singapore, you can count on our commitment to help you thrive and propel your career by means of our industry-leading development programme and our available and unrivalled pool of local and global experts. Our numerous global and local skill pools as well as our diversity are key to our success and continuing innovation.
- Degree in Metallurgy/Materials science/Mechanical Engineering with at least 7 years of materials and engineering experience in oil and/or petrochemical industry.
- Familiar with Risk Based Inspection (RBI) methodology and implementation.
- Good understanding and familiar with safety practices involved in materials and corrosion / inspection / NDT works.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Learn More about Shell: Watch their Life at Shell Video