Job Description We need a talented engineer to support the Assets and Global Process Lead in delivering competitive performance in asset management processes for Upstream and Integrated Gas (IG) businesses. What's the role?
The Plan and Manage Assets (PMA) Processes enable the asset to achieve their strategic intent to maximize production and cash flow meanwhile reducing HSSE exposure, reduce production deferment, improve availability and reduce costs. The PMA Excellence Lead will work with a team of Global Change Managers in various businesses with a proven ability to provide support to the assets in the implementation of the Plan and Manage Asset Management System (AMS): Standards, Manuals, and Recommended Practices.
You can expect to interface with other Upstream and IG processes, requiring many crucial but indirect connections and relationships with Planning & Production / Forecasting teams in the businesses as well as with Development, HSSE, Operations, Maintenance, Projects & Engineering, Contract & Procurement, Finance and many other functions.
The role requires 60% global travel to various Shell Assets. More specific duties include:
- Support the GPL to Manage and Maintain the AMS Standard, Manual and Recommended Practices for SAMP and IAPS
- Lead/support implementation teams of the PMA processes in the assets to ensure full alignment and consistency across the Shell world to achieve business outcomes;
- Build strong connections with assets and create meaningful value propositions for asset improvement journey AND Asset Implementation Plans (AIPs), define roadmap and strategies for continuous improvement including corresponding IT and technologies for these processes to achieve fit for purpose solutions
- Coach Asset and Functional leaders on key levers to improve PMA process performance. Engage Site Process Owners (SPO) to ensure process competence and results delivery
- Implement and follow the Leader Standard Work for the sustainability of PMA processes in the LoBs
- Provide assurance resources & support for Asset and perform Process Health checks, measure process usage and embedment and understand Gap-to-Potential in the assets
- Integrate (E2E) the PMA processes with other business processes, data flows and share insights on how to improve bottom line by assisting the assets with disciplined implementation (mirror & assist)
- Partner with Asset Managers, Asset Support Managers, LoBs, other Functions and Global Process Owners (GPO) to ensure integration of agenda, activities and drive seamless interfaces and costs recovery;
Where you fit in
- To support the GPL and GPO to keep the work processes evergreen in line with prevailing best practice, develop & maintain capability and capacity within Upstream and IG and the Centre, over the longer term (Sustain) and support the community of practitioners across Upstream and IG in the sharing of recommended practices and the fast replication of improvements across our asset base.
The role will join the Production Support and Excellence (PS&E) team in any of Shell's Upstream Hubs. As part of the PMA team, the role will lead the strategic transformation efforts to implement end-to-end process covering Integrated Asset Lifecycle Planning including Strategic Asset Management Plans (SAMP) and Integrated Activity Planning & Scheduling (IAPS) to drive value through improvement of production and cost performance.
Our asset centric approach makes us trusted business partners who demonstrate care and respect and our team of diverse technical experts are catalysts for change management. Successful candidates should therefore be engaged, externally focused, curious learners, nimble enablers, commercially minded and empowered to effect change. Company Description
The world faces energy challenges that are becoming more complex each day. We're looking for people who share our passion for taking on those challenges with cutting edge technology, innovative thinking and a commitment to properly managed risk. Shell develops and operates some of the largest and most complex projects in the world and we always endeavour to work at the leading edge of technical innovation.Requirements What we need from you
• Applicants must have significant experience in an Asset Management or Production Operations role in Operating Units and in diverse operating environments across the Upstream / IG businesses.
• Expertise in Production, Development, Business planning disciplines with proven experience in leading multi-disciplinary teams in the Upstream / IG businesses
• Deep experience and execution of Plan & Manage Asset Processes (Execute Strategic Asset Management Plan, Integrated Activity Planning & Scheduling processes.)
• Understanding of the relevant IT Application Portfolio and Databases.
• Experience in business improvement areas such as business analysis, process (re)design, Lean or Six Sigma is preferred.
• Strategic Partnering
• End to End Process Management Principles
• Drive and experience in building teams, developing talent, effecting change in an organization and building competence and capability.
• Mastery of stakeholder managementOur values
Shell is a company with shared values. Honesty, integrity, and respect aren't simply a strapline: they are a part of everything we do. What's more, Shell is an equal opportunities company, and we place the highest possible value on the diversity of our people and our inclusive approach. Join us and you'll belong to a world where you can feel pride in your achievements and propel your career with global opportunities Women's perspective
We care deeply about fostering a truly diverse workplace. We believe in doing everything we can to make Shell as flexible, appealing and supportive a place for women to work as possible. We help with things like our formal (and informal) flexible working. Like our global and transparent pay policies, backed by a leadership team fully supportive of our diversity ambitions. And we'll foster your career through our Women's Career Development programme. People with an impairment
At Shell, we're all about top talent. End of story. We encourage anyone who may face an impairment to see Shell as a place where you'll be fully supported to grow and develop your career. It's as simple as that. If you'd like to apply, just let us know about your circumstances. We can support you throughout the process: from application, to interview, to your first day of a rewarding career with us.Disclaimer
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.