Skills: Design Engineer
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Dallas, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
We are currently seeking a EIC Designer for a prominent downstream energy company in Dallas, TX.
The EIC Designer will be responsible for:
- Producing 2D drawings, 3D models, and documents as requested.
- Creating or revising drawings from redlines, sketches, or verbal commands.
- Creating as-built PIDs, single line, & loop drawings of existing operating/ idle assets in the field.
- Creating PIDs, single line, installation/ termination details, wiring diagrams, cabinet/ panel layouts, instrument indexes, conduit/ cable routing, power/ grounding details & location plans.
- Enforcing document control, drafting & design standards, specifications, and procedures.
- Upholding work assignment schedules for self with in-house and outsourced projects.
- Performing self-checks, interdisciplinary checks, & vendor drawing checks.
- Participating in model reviews, PSSRs, & PHAs as requested.
- Fostering a safe and effective working atmosphere.
- Collaborating with cross interdisciplinary teams and staff from all levels of the organization to deliver results.
- BS/AS degree in Engineering/Design/Drafting program
- Experience with PLC functions & logic.
- 5 or more years of experience and expert user of AutoCAD
- Effective verbal and written communication skills and have the ability to engage with all levels of management, colleagues, and with individuals inside and outside of the company.
- Willing and able to travel to other office locations, facilities, and construction locations as necessary
- Self-motivated and able to work well both independently and as part of a team in a dynamic, fast paced environment
- Able to travel up to 50% away from home office location
- Ability to work in extreme heat/ cold conditions; working at heights; lifting more than 50 pounds at a time; sitting for prolonged periods of time.
- Familiar with ASME B31.3/ B31.4, API, DOT, NEC, NFPA, AWS codes, standards, & specifications.
- Experience with Autodesk Plant 3D for PID development & 3D modeling.
- Relevant experience in the oil and gas industry, preferably with a liquids midstream operator.
- Basic knowledge of industrial controls systems, medium voltage power systems, hazardous liquids pipelines and terminals, P&IDs, and basic fabrication processes.
- Strong computer skills with ability to utilize Microsoft Office Software, e.g. MS Word, Power Point, Projects, Excel etc., and other discipline specific-software applications to drive efficiency in productivity.
The Bergaila Companies are a leading supplier of Engineering and Construction Management Staffing Services to the world’s most prestigious Energy Industry organizations. We consistently achieve reputation for quality service excellence through reliable, specialized and efficient technical services. At Bergaila, we view our Clients and our Employees as our partners, demonstrating an unwavering commitment to flexibility in meeting the contract and direct placement needs of all we serve.
The Bergaila Companies are devoted to connecting industry professionals with renowned organizations, aligning Employees with the Client's corporate culture and vision through a robust assessment, screening, and selection process. Our unsurpassed data management system delivers immediate and effective results through instant candidate-requisition matching.
For many eligible Employees, the availability of health insurance and/or other benefits is a key factor when considering an assignment. Therefore, The Bergaila Companies offer a distinguished market competitive benefits package ensuring we consistently attract, satisfy and retain our Employees. Our Team provides noteworthy, personable, and dependable service to our Employees, many of whom transfer to other long-term assignments or direct placement opportunities with our Clients.
Experience a professionally run organization founded on quality service excellence and the commitment to connect Engineering and Construction Management Professionals with distinguished Clients. Contact us today and allow our Team to engineer your perfect fit!
Connect with us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/bergaila/