Skills: Design Engineer, Piping Engineer
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Associates/2 yr Degree/Diploma
Location: Woods Cross, Utah, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
We are currently seeking a Piping Designer for a contract opportunity with a prominent company based in Wood Cross, UT.
The Piping Designer will be responsible for:
- Conducting piping design assignments for Capital Projects, this will include but is not limited to:
- Creating pipe isometric and orthographic drawings
- Creating/updating plot plan and other plant related drawings including 3d modeling
- Understanding of pipe and valve specifications
- Clear understanding of PFD's and P&ID symbols, creation, and modifications
- Obtaining project information and ensures drawings are accurate and complete
- Performing field measurements and routing of new and existing pipe systems
- Has experience working with point clouds in AutoCAD
- Navigating Navisworks models
- Working under the direction of I&E Project Engineering for the drafting of Instrumentation and Electrical Systems
- Creating/updating Instrument Loop Diagrams, Electrical one-lines, Motor Schematics, etc.
- Working with Project Engineering for the design of Civil and Structural design drawings
- Performing field measurement of new and existing Civil foundations and Structural Steel
- Creating preliminary foundation and structural design drawings
- Ability to effectively communicate with others, both verbally and in writing.
- Performing various office based tasks:
- Maintaining reference data, drawings and drawing systems
- Assembling and organizing project data books, RFQ's, FEL docs, Foreign Prints, contractor data, MOC's, etc.
- Researching and gathering existing drawings related to specific projects
- Coordinating with project managers to ensure the closure of project documentation
- Recommending design changes to managers and/or engineers
- Overseeing outside contractor drawing compliance
- Ensuring compliance with Engineering Standards are met for Piping and Mechanical installations
- A minimum of an Associate's Degree, Technical Certificate, or an equivalent combination of education in a technical related field and work experience, is required.
- Training related to design software with an emphasis on AutoCAD, CADWORX, and NAVISWORKS preferred.
- A minimum of 5 years of on-the-job experience is required.
- Must have field experience working on projects within refineries, tank farms, and loading terminals.
The Bergaila Companies are a leading supplier of Engineering and Construction Management Staffing Services to the world’s most prestigious Energy Industry organizations. We consistently achieve reputation for quality service excellence through reliable, specialized and efficient technical services. At Bergaila, we view our Clients and our Employees as our partners, demonstrating an unwavering commitment to flexibility in meeting the contract and direct placement needs of all we serve.
The Bergaila Companies are devoted to connecting industry professionals with renowned organizations, aligning Employees with the Client's corporate culture and vision through a robust assessment, screening, and selection process. Our unsurpassed data management system delivers immediate and effective results through instant candidate-requisition matching.
For many eligible Employees, the availability of health insurance and/or other benefits is a key factor when considering an assignment. Therefore, The Bergaila Companies offer a distinguished market competitive benefits package ensuring we consistently attract, satisfy and retain our Employees. Our Team provides noteworthy, personable, and dependable service to our Employees, many of whom transfer to other long-term assignments or direct placement opportunities with our Clients.
Experience a professionally run organization founded on quality service excellence and the commitment to connect Engineering and Construction Management Professionals with distinguished Clients. Contact us today and allow our Team to engineer your perfect fit!
Connect with us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/bergaila/