Skills: Civil Engineering, Structural Engineering
Experience: 15 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
We are currently seeking a Civil/ Structural Technical Engineer for a contract opportunity in Houston, TX.
The purpose of this position is to provide Major Projects leadership and management for the civil engineering discipline including;
- Ensuring the safe and reliable design of project equipment to Engineering standards.
- Providing technical assurance Contributing to the advancement of technology within discipline.
- Oversight of engineering contractor Civil/Structural design efforts to ensure compliance with client standards
- Provide leadership to ensure safe and reliable project designs
- Support the development of the strategy for the advancement of technology within the discipline
- Provide technical oversight to the personnel responsible for discipline support to Major Projects
- Provide process safety leadership and quality management within their areas of expertise
- Stay abreast of industry technology and innovation from 3rd party providers and applying the best technical solutions
- Lead initiatives that provide improvements in project design and execution costs
- Support discipline review for management of change (MOC) on technically complicated changes.
- Provides key technical support to major projects
- Mentor discipline engineers and support staff to enhance their knowledge
- Provide expert input to the development and modification of Engineering Standards
- Bachelor or Master of Science in Civil or Structural Engineering
- 15+ Years of relevant petro-chemical industrial experience (or equivalent) covering all aspects of design and engineering in the civil/structural discipline
- Experience with the management of personnel, either direct reports and/or contract personnel
- Understanding of common structural designs found within a petrochemical facility. Capable of performing detailed structural loading design analysis.
- Skill level understanding of building codes and standards: ANSI, ASCE, ACI, AISC, IBC
- Strong Structural (Steel & Concrete) design and fabrication knowledge
- Skill level knowledge of deep and shallow foundations including piling design and soil bearing analysis
- Experience with the design and application of Civil/Structural standards
- Experience with design, specification, and selection of civil/structural equipment and systems
- Experience with interpretation and application of information contained in the various types of civil/structural engineering drawings
- Experience with the management and/or oversight of construction and installation of civil/structural projects
- Known and respected as an expert in their field by the industry at large
- Strong Communication and stakeholder engagement
- Business acumen and the ability to influence Senior-level Management investment decisions
- Experience working with people in an operating plant.
Desired Technical Skills:
- Geo-technical engineering (soils)
- Cranes and Rigging (lift plans)
- Civil Construction QA
- Land Surveying
- Excavation and Trenching
- Marine Facilities and Coastal Protection
The Bergaila Companies are a leading supplier of Engineering and Construction Management Staffing Services to the world’s most prestigious Energy Industry organizations. We consistently achieve reputation for quality service excellence through reliable, specialized and efficient technical services. At Bergaila, we view our Clients and our Employees as our partners, demonstrating an unwavering commitment to flexibility in meeting the contract and direct placement needs of all we serve.
The Bergaila Companies are devoted to connecting industry professionals with renowned organizations, aligning Employees with the Client's corporate culture and vision through a robust assessment, screening, and selection process. Our unsurpassed data management system delivers immediate and effective results through instant candidate-requisition matching.
For many eligible Employees, the availability of health insurance and/or other benefits is a key factor when considering an assignment. Therefore, The Bergaila Companies offer a distinguished market competitive benefits package ensuring we consistently attract, satisfy and retain our Employees. Our Team provides noteworthy, personable, and dependable service to our Employees, many of whom transfer to other long-term assignments or direct placement opportunities with our Clients.
Experience a professionally run organization founded on quality service excellence and the commitment to connect Engineering and Construction Management Professionals with distinguished Clients. Contact us today and allow our Team to engineer your perfect fit!
Connect with us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/bergaila/