- Project Design/Execution: Deliver world-class design/execution performance by embedding Revitalized Deliver-the-Limit (rDTL) and Better to Best methodology as the way of working and implementing full use of the Global Well Delivery Process (GWDP). Responsible for the design, planning, and management of completion and well intervention operations, with the full integration of the WE/CWI Operations team and relevant asset teams. Preparation of detailed cost and time estimates, logistic/equipment procurement plans, analysing/managing project risk, tracking of relevant metrics during job execution, after action reviews (AAR) documentation, well handover to production, and developing subsequent improvement plans driving performance to lower costs and increase production.
- HSSE: Integrate HSSE in the design, programming, and execution of well work on completion and well intervention operations. Designs risk management strategies to mitigate/manage subsurface & operational risks. Incorporates Process Safety (equipment, barriers, people) in all elements of the well preparation and well construction phase.
- Leadership (People, Performance): Ensures effective and timely communication between office and well-site-based teams, rig / service contractors and logistics teams to ensure delivery of top class well delivery performance. Identifies and supports improvements staircase plan to deliver Top Quartile wells. Delivers progress reports for internal and external stakeholders.
- Mentor: Mentor & coach junior staff in all aspects of completion engineering design and operations, and in interaction with other asset teams.
- Collaboration: Support and foster relationships with Contracting & Procurement, Logistics, Subsurface, Production Operations and Subsea. Support engagements with JV partners where applicable and the development and analysis of competitive benchmarking to drive operational excellence.
- Contract Management: Lead the technical and HSSE management of relevant service provider contracts and support the contracting and procurement strategy. Collaborate with contractors regarding performance, future plans, variances, etc. as needed.
- Innovation: Actively drive the identification, development, and implementation of new technologies and the opportunities to optimize field operations.
- Goals & Personal Development: Develop annual personal performance review/management documents including performance contracts, individual development plans (IDPs) and goals and performance appraisals (GPAs).
Shell is a global group of energy and petrochemicals companies with over 90,000 employees in more than 70 countries and territories. In Brazil, Shell has been present for more than a century (since 1913), and was the first international oil company to produce oil in Brazil, in the Campos Basin, after the market was opened up to private investment. Currently, Shell is one of the largest energy companies in the Brazilian market.
Shell in Brazil is also a major producer of lubricants and, through Raízen (a joint venture with a Brazilian energy and logistics group), invests in the production of sugar cane ethanol, a viable biofuel alternative for smarter and cleaner mobility in the future.
We deliver energy responsibly, aiming to meet society's energy demands today and in the future in economically, environmentally and socially responsible ways. We operate safely with respect to our neighbors and work to minimize our environmental impact.
We are in search of remarkable people who will thrive in a diverse and inclusive work environment to deliver exciting projects locally and globally. People who are passionate about exploring new frontiers. Innovators and pioneers. People with the drive to help shape our future. Because remarkable people achieve remarkable things.Requirements
- Minimum Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or Science
- Must have at least 5 years' experience in Drilling, Completion or Well intervention activities
- Knowledgeable in the following:
- Design a tubing string
- Optimize Well Delivery Program
- Prepare Completion/Intervention Fluid Design Options and Program
- Prepare Abandonment Design and Options Program
- Skilled in the following:
- Leading CWOP/ IWOP sessions
- Prepare Completion Design Options and Program
- Prepare Intervention Design and Options Program
- Specify Well Control Equipment and Execute Well Control Operations
- Execute Well Completion Operations
- Execute Well Interventions and Abandonment Operations
- Select Completion and Well Intervention Units and Equipment
- Certification in (International Association of Drilling Contractors) IADC or (International Well Control Forum) IWCF is preferred
- The successful candidate must complete a Shell Wells specific distance learning program called Round 1 and Round 2 training
- Fluent in English language (written and verbal)
- Soft Skills: Ability to analyze/solve problems, ability to communicate/persuade, innovativeness, ability to work within a team, self-starter, customer focused and ability to deliver results
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.