Job Description Here's the perfect chance to bring your engineering expertise to a role full of learning and development opportunities, deepening and broadening your technical and professional skills within a supportive, diverse organization.What's the role?
As our Electrical and Instrumentation Engineer, you'll be responsible for the design and engineering of all electrical, instrumentation and process control elements at our Shell Technology Centre Amsterdam (STCA) in Amsterdam. Working within multi-disciplinary design teams on a range of experimental research installations, with scope to focus on a variety of development options.
Your key challenge will be to position yourself as the go-to expert for electrical design, instrumentation applications and process control, using your extensive knowledge and field experience to introduce new technologies and identify potential opportunities.
Other wide-ranging responsibilities will include:
- Managing the integrity of the design, related to process safety.
- Reviewing engineering activities of third parties and managing quality assurance.
- Interfacing between research and utility infrastructure.
- Coaching contractors and monitoring if activities are conducted in a safe & compliant manner.
A strong self-starter, you'll thrive on prioritising a busy workload, with a flexible approach that will see you easily adapting to an ever-changing environment. Plus, your flair for communication will mean you'll confidently influence, collaborate and nurture strong relationships with a range of stakeholders.Where you fit in
You're going to be a vital part of The Shell Technology Centre Amsterdam (STCA) - one of three Shell R&D global sites - with a focus to support Shell businesses from Upstream and Downstream to Integrated Gas and New Energies.
With an ambition to become a world class lab, the STCA has more than 600 research installations covering many different technologies, and with an aim to support Shell to develop cleaner and better solutions for the future.Company Description
Shell Nederland BV is a platform for international collaboration, with Shell offering direct employment to around ten thousand people in the Netherlands alone, including roughly 2,800 non-Dutch employees from around 80 countries. Diversity is key at Shell Nederland, and our employees reflect the innovation that stems from a diverse workforce. By joining Shell Nederland, you will benefit from an unrivalled industry-leading development programme that will see you tap into a pool of expert knowledge that will help propel your career. Shell Nederland is the holding company of most Shell companies operating in the Netherlands. Shell Nederland also has an advisory and coordinating role in numerous areas.Requirements What we need from you
We're keen to hear from men and women with a Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering and also extensive professional (but practical) experience within the discipline. We are looking for candidates who have the ambition to grow into the role of authorized electrical person and in the end to become the future Electrical Authority. Beyond being fluent in Dutch and English (both verbal and written), you'll need as many of the following as possible on your CV:
- Technical knowledge of instrumentation and control systems.
- ?Professional and practical experience in a business environment
- A proven ability to deliver within defined scope, timing and budget.
- Knowledge of and experience in application of various measurement and control systems.
- Knowledge of and experience with national and international standards and specifications.
- Experience of innovative continuous technical improvement.
- An understanding of High Voltage systems.
- Knowledge of and experience with AGILE ways of working will be an advantage.
- Able to act a Senior Authorized Electrical Person (Werkverantwoordelijke NEN 3140) based on knowledge, attitude and field experience
- Able to act as Subject Matter Expert (SME) in specific technical expertise area (electrical)
- The right knowledge and experience to become the future Senior Electrical Authority according Dutch law (NEN 3140 Installatieverantwoordelijke)
- Responsible for Atex related systems / NEN 60079 electric equipment
- Knowledge of High Voltage systems is a advantage
?We would like to ask interested applicants to include a motivation letter.COMPANY DESCRIPTIONOur values
Shell is a company with shared values. Honesty, integrity, and respect aren't simply a strapline: they are a part of everything we do. What's more, Shell is an equal opportunities company, and we place the highest possible value on the diversity of our people and our inclusive approach. Join us and you'll belong to a world where you can feel pride in your achievements and propel your career with global opportunitiesWomen's perspective
We care deeply about fostering a truly diverse workplace. We believe in doing everything we can to make Shell as flexible, appealing and supportive a place for women to work as possible. We help with things like our formal (and informal) flexible working. Like our global and transparent pay policies, backed by a leadership team fully supportive of our diversity ambitions. And we'll foster your career through our Women's Career Development programme.People with an impairment
At Shell, we're all about top talent. End of story. We encourage anyone who may face an impairment to see Shell as a place where you'll be fully supported to grow and develop your career. It's as simple as that. If you'd like to apply, just let us know about your circumstances. We can support you throughout the process: from application, to interview, to your first day of a rewarding career with us.Disclaimer
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.