Skills: Production Operator
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Worland, Wyoming, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Wood is currently looking for a Lease Operator / Field Pumper in Worland, WY.
U.S. Only: Authorization to work permanently in the U.S. without sponsorship required.
Lease Operator/Field Pumper is part of a field asset team and is a hands-on position in the field. Responsible for safely optimizing, operating and maintaining wells and all surface equipment on the lease or facilities. Technical guidance is provided by the Production Foreman and other members of the field team.
- Responsible for well operations, gas lifted wells, ESP's, three phase separation, gas compression, control board operation, pipeline operation, minor maintenance of valve, pumps and rotating equipment and assisting the other operators and craft personnel in their duties.
- Prepares for and performs maintenance, taking readings, doing rounds, issuing work permits, following procedures, initiating work requests, writing procedures, and interfacing with support groups.
- Proactively monitors well and equipment performance, take appropriate action to maximize production.
- Works with support groups to optimize chemical pump rates based on production data (corrosion, paraffin, soap injection, etc.).
- Interfaces with Engineering for data gathering requests.
- Tracks test compression data.
- Conducts fluid levels with echo meter
- Adhere to all Safety, Environmental, and Company policies and procedures
- Be a safety leader in the company safety program
- Participate in pre-startup safety reviews (PSSR)
- Participate in incident investigations and HSE audits as assigned
- Operate a company-provided vehicle in a safe manner while adhering to the company driving guidelines
- Inspect gas and oil wells, tanks, meters, separators, compressors, and attached piping components for leaks or unusual conditions and take corrective actions if needed
- Access remote locations to check wells, maintain normal operating levels, pressures and flow on separation equipment, and make adjustments to automatic and manual controls
- Gauge tanks for sale or transfer of condensate, crude oil, and water while maintaining appropriate and accurate records
- Ensure wells are prioritized and operated to maintain contractual obligations (e)Operate rental compressors, flowing gas wells, gas lift wells, rod pump units, submersible wells, surface pumping equipment, and test wells
- Gather relevant data on the above mentioned equipment to and compare daily changes to both equipment and productivity
- Adjust pumping unit run time, time clock, injection adjustment, stroke lengths, shoot fluid levels, run dynamometers, and perform basic trouble shooting
- Utilize electronic remote well supervision, SCADA, etc., to optimize production and reduce safety and environmental impact
- Maintain chemical injection rates, start up and shut in wells
- Accurately enter daily volumes, well tests, downtime and injection information into a computer database in a timely manner
- Monitor daily production inputs into electronic data gathering software and compare input data with output data for accuracy
- Proactively monitor and optimize production and costs within area of control
- Perform minor hands on production equipment repairs. Generate work notifications/material request for all other work that is needed for equipment reliability
- Operate and optimize Artificial Lift Systems such as: wellhead compression, capillary strings, plunger lift, foamed injection, gas lifts and flow case equipment
- Execute required regulatory tasks, inspections, site security, and end of the month closings
- Take full ownership for daily operations and maintenance of assigned wells
- Have ability to be on call and respond to callout alarms
- Maintain cleanliness and order on lease routes and at facilities
- Perform detailed and effective shift handovers - communicate shift notes where applicable
- Contribute to achieving Safety, Production, and Financial goals set by both Corporate and the individual Business Units
- Legally authorized to work in the United States
- 3+ years direct experience with oil and gas production practices, equipment and terminology
- Valid driver's license
- Provide technical/functional/and/or administrative support
- General working knowledge of specific systems, terminology and procedures used within the department
- Perform routine tasks
- Able to solve problems and make basic decisions
- Willingness and ability to perform/comply with following:
- To work in temperature extremes or adverse weather conditions
- To work in several different geographic locations each day
- To work both in and out of a company-owned vehicle
- To wear appropriate special safety equipment
- To climb heights up to 24 feet to gauge tanks
- To walk, bend, stoop and lift
- To use hand tools to make minor repairs
- To work weekends and be on call
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.
Wood is ranked in the Global Top 30 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.