Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: McComb, Mississippi, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Wood is currently recruiting for a Multi-Skilled Technician in McComb, MS.
U.S. Only: Authorization to work permanently in the U.S. without sponsorship required.
The Multiskilled I&E / Mechanical Technician will perform a variety of duties regarding installation, maintenance, repair, troubleshooting and overhauling of machinery, mechanical and electrical equipment including but not limited to gas compressors, generators, Power Plants switchgear, natural gas fired engines, diesel engines and /or triplex and centrifugal pumps.RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for the service, maintenance and repair of the firm's equipment, including compressors and motors.
- Maintenance and Repair on all electrically driven equipment in the facilities and Platform;
- Maintenance and Repair on all Generators;
- Installation, Maintenance and Repair to all air conditioning units;
- Calibration and Maintenance of Plant and Platform instrumentation;
- Verifies dimensions, specifications, and tolerances using blueprints
- Ensures that mechanical equipment within a limited area of operations is properly installed, operating within design limits, repaired and maintained.
- Carries out maintenance, repairs, calibration, programming and troubleshooting of all PLC, DCS, Fire and Gas systems (hardware and software) associated with controlling facilities.
- Follow and adhere to company policy regarding bids, pricing agreements and procurement of materials and services.
- Carries out work on all instrumentation and electrical equipment in a safe and cost-effective manner under a "Permit to Work" system.
- Carries out maintenance and repairs to turbine control systems
- Organizes and maintains backup copies of the facility's PLCs and programmable equipment.
- Tests, calibrates, troubleshoots, and repairs various flow, level, pressure and temperature transmitters and their associated control valves.
- Recognize potential hazards to operations and provide protection for both human beings and equipment.
- Ensure that operations conducted under his control or supervision complies with the Company's HSE policies and/or governing agencies.
- Ensure that the required reporting and records of daily operations, daily costs, related material transfers, etc. are prepared and reported timely and accurately.
- Other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Certificate in Electrical, Instrumentation or Mechanical Engineering
- Valid State Driver's license
- General Field Mechanic Knowledge required
- Oil and Gas Mechanic knowledge preferred
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.
Wood is ranked in the Global Top 30 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.