Skills: Refinery / Plant Operator
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Lake Charles, Louisiana, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Wood is currently recruiting for Plant Operators in Lake Charles, La.
Authorization to work permanently in the U.S. without sponsorship required.
Responsible for assisting in the operation of natural gas processing facility to ensure optimum plant performance, including monitoring operations, product treating, making necessary adjustments, performing inspections and conducting preventive maintenance. Oversee the overall operation of the plant. Control room operating and pin pointing concerns to improve plant functions. Exchange information to maximize plant production, quality and efficiency.
- Monitor plant conditions and maintain optimum operating parameters
- Monitor and operate assigned plant facilities, vessels and machinery.
- Ensure proper implementation of equipment shutdown, clear up and isolation for maintenance procedures.
- Safe start-up and shutdown of plant equipment.
- Make daily contact with operation and maintenance personnel up to Lead/Superintendent level for implementation of routine work and maintenance activities and programs.
- Work according to established procedures, specialized technical standards and safety instructions, using own initiative/judgment in adjusting operation parameters for all plants, particularly during emergency situation.
- Detect abnormalities and assist in remedial actions. Respond immediately to emergency situations to restore safe operation conditions.
- Control raw material efficiencies by following standard operating procedures and product recipes.
- Maintain adequate inventories of production chemicals and operating supplies.
- Produce and maintain regular logs and reports for daily plant activities.
- Check quality control tests and analysis for plant performance.
- Take an active part in all aspects of safety programs, attending group safety meetings, emergency drills/exercises and action safety/housekeeping plans.
- Perform minor maintenance activities to ensure efficient operations.
- Perform the primary thinking encompassed by this job description.
- Any and all other duties deemed necessary to meet the needs of the business.
- 5+ years of relevent experience
- Mechanically Inclined
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.
Wood is ranked in the Global Top 30 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.