Skills: Logistics Management, Materials Management
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Position: Onshore Logistics Coordinator
Basis: Long term contract
Hours: 7 day rotation with back to back (wed to wed)
Start: Flexible, ideally June 2019
OBM have an exciting opportunity with our operator client to join their busy team in Aberdeen. This is a key role supporting one of the high profile North Sea fields at a critical time in its development.
We are looking for a Logistics coordinator with excellent customer service, supply chain awareness and ability to multitask within the stages of the logistics cycle. The successful candidate must have the ability to challenge and take ownership of this exciting role.
This role becomes the focal point for the company's logistics coordination between internal stakeholders, its supply base and its materials/transport suppliers for their offshore activity.
Key responsibilities are to:
- Assist in the planning, scheduling and delivery of all materials to meet operational requirements.
- Work closely with Drilling Supply Responsible (DSR), Drilling Material Coordinator (DMC) and Platform Materials Coordinator (PMC) to ensure all requirements are captured
- Work closely with third party Transport, Shipping and Marine teams to ensure all requirements are executed
- First hand Point of contact for any non conformances
- Efficient coordination of all cargo requirements (deck, bulk, Production chemical & drilling chemicals, fuel, water).
- Ensure Cargo management tool (WELS) is managed according to best practice
- Produce and issue Daily logistics plan via WELS
- Utilise ILMS to maximise logistics process
- Closely monitor all 3rd party rentals ensuring cost effective use and movement of equipment.
- Monitor CCU usage and ensure company charges are correct prior to invoice.
- Continuously promote a proactive HSEQ culture, ensuring participation and compliance.
- Build effective relationships across the business continually seeking to improve operational efficiency and identify cost savings.