Skills: ROV Ops / Tech
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Salary: Please provide individual salary expectation
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: United Kingdom
· Previous offshore experience with ROV systems/operations.
· Good communication skills, ability to communicate with several departments to coordinate ROV support.
· Ability to specify, select and order mechanical, hydraulic or electrical equipment for offshore use.
· University, College or Industry education and/or training in Engineering, Electrical or Mechanical disciplines.
· Process received offshore MRs and assist with expediting as required.
· Assist in sourcing new ROV parts, provide clarification on part queries.
· Implement and organise any approved modification to the ROV system, ensuring all changes are fully documented and included in the manual as per Quality Procedures.
· Create specifications for purchasing new ROV equipment.
· Assist with recording statistics on ROV reliability, by subsystems.
· Monitor maintenance logs, collate information for analysis, MTBF, etc.
· Assist with monitoring cost of ROVs R & M, including cost sheets.
· Monitor receipt of ROV technical reports.
· Conduct ROV System audits including checking inventories.
· Assist with refurbishment or ROV equipment.
· Second source suppliers of ROV spares and equipment.
· Prepare operational procedures relevant to ROV operations on clients managed vessels and assist companies division Project Engineers in preparing ROV Procedures for Division projects.
· Process received Project ROV equipment MRs and assist with expediting as required.
· Ensure all ROV spares and related equipment shipments are dealt with in line with planned schedule and to minimise possible interruption of the operational activities.
· Distribute received offshore paperwork to the applicable departments.
· Perform acceptance inspections before mobilisation of any vehicle (ROV/Trencher) and / or ROV related equipment supplies to the project. Request demobilisation reports for applicable equipment.
· Verify that offshore ROV personnel assigned to the project are fit for purpose. Identify any potential problems with allocated resources or planned crew changes and report to Project Manager/ROV Personnel Supervisor.
· Provide ROV technical support to the Commercial Department when required.
· To be conversant with all ROV items and conditions of the Project both technically and commercially and to have a full understanding of the scope of work related in individual projects.
· Assist in the implementation, control and monitoring of overall Safety and Quality Assurance in all ROV Project related activities as laid down in the Company's Safety Quality Manuals and Procedures.
· Assist in the preparation and maintenance of budgets for Projects in relation to ROV services and associated equipment.
· Assist the Project Manager in ensuring that the Cost Controller is provided with timely adequate financial information in relation to ROV services.
· Encourage any technical developments or suggestions that will enhance the overall Project or Operational efficiency.
· Assist in ensuring that all ROV related aspects of Project Administration, Engineering and Operations fulfil the Contract requirements and are conducted in a safe, efficient and profitable manner.
· Participate in the off duty rota.
· Vessel visits / system audits as required.
· Promote safe working practices.
· Train, mentor and/or guide ROV offshore personnel in their area of expertise.
ETPM focuses on the combination of in-depth contract expertise with sound seafaring knowledge to offer services in support of marine operations offshore.
Founded in the provision of consultancy for high risk marine operations, the Group is a household name for technical assurance and more latterly project execution services. These core skills have lead to the development of a range of associated services at the same high standards as the founding concepts.