Skills: Subsea Engineer, Subsea Engineering
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Associates/2 yr Degree/Diploma
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Located in region: Europe
Job Code: 532045
Job Title: Drilling Subsea Engineer
Location: Worldwide International
Contract duration: 12 month - renewable
Saipem is looking for a Drilling Subsea Engineer to work Offshore worldwide on Drillship/Semisubmersible Rig starting in July/August 2019, preferred candidate need to have Drillship or Semisubmersible experience.
- Provide for the proper installation, utilization and maintenance of the subsea BOP stack, riser joints, riser tensioner and related equipment
- Holding a primary position in the maintenance department, be responsible for the maintenance, operation and monitoring of subsea systems equipment
- Be safety minded during in all works and behaviours, use compulsory protective equipment and ensure the same for subordinates
- Carry out own duties according to the Emergency Preparedness Action Plan
- Ensure that before any work on high pressure system is started, a proper investigation is carried out, precautions are taken and the work permit is signed
- Attend safety drills and meetings held on the rig
- Be well-informed about all relevant work and safety procedures issued by Saipem and the Operator, applying them and promoting their implementation
- Promptly report any safety hazard, accident, near-miss accident and non-conformance through proper channels
- Monitor and prevent oil spills from hydraulic operated equipment, power and sub-sea related equipment and repair the equipment immediately
- Ensure good housekeeping in own working area and on the rig in general
- Instruct all personnel assigned to him of their duties and responsibilities and of any special safety and environmental precaution to be taken prior to start up any work
- Be well-informed about running and testing of the BOP and how to operate the same and the diverter system
- Prepare riser running list, pre-run check list, and riser space out
- Prepare BOP recovery and interwell maintenance, ensure all spare parts are available and maximize the efficiency during the limited timeframe
- Carry out BOP tests and drills in accordance with authorities, Client's and Saipem requirements
- Operate and maintain the subsea and subsea related equipment in accordance with all applicable operating and maintenance procedures
- Ensure that the Asset Management Operative System (AMOS) is rigorously implemented, in order to survey, test and maintain all subsea equipment, including Emergency and Safety systems, in accordance with statutory, class, Flag state, company requirements and standards
- Daily checks all subsea equipment and alarm status on the subsea systems.
- Ensure that all reporting routines are followed and that all equipment related paperwork is kept within his area of responsibility, such as maintenance records, updating of service and instruction manuals, work instructions, etc.
- Ensure that the stock level of spare parts and consumables for the drilling equipment is kept at an appropriate level and in good condition by timely requesting the equipment whenever deemed necessary
We are one of the global leaders in drilling services, as well as in the engineering, procurement, construction and installation of pipelines and complex projects, onshore and offshore, in the oil & gas market.
We have distinctive competences in operations in harsh environments, remote areas and deepwater.
We provide a full range of services with contracts on an “EPC” and/or “EPCI” (“turn-key” basis) and we have distinctive capabilities and unique assets with highest technological content.
Saipem is ranked in the Global Top 30 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.