Experience: 2 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Located in region: Europe
Job Code: 532041
Job Title: Derrickman (Offshore)
Location: Worldwide International
Contract duration: 12 month - renewable
Saipem is looking for a Derrickman to work Offshore worldwide on Drillship/Semisubmersible Rig starting in July/August 2019, preferred candidate need to have Drillship or Semisubmersible experience, Cyberchair, Topdrive,etc..
- According with the instructions of the Driller/Assistant Driller, rack the tubular equipment in the mast, assist in running the string in hole ensuring the respect of the operative safety rules
- According with the instructions of the Driller/Assistant Driller, operate drilling fluid systems and pumps during drilling; mix chemicals and additives; monitor and record volume and properties of drilling fluids
- Be safety minded during in all works and behaviours, use compulsory protective equipment and ensure the same for subordinates
- Be well-informed about actions, procedures and duties during safety drills and in emergency situations (refer to Emergency Preparedness Action Plan)
- Carry out own duties according to the Emergency Preparedness Action Plan
- Attend safety drills and meetings held on the rig
- Apply all relevant work and safety procedures issued by Saipem and the Operator
- Promptly report any safety hazard, accident, near-miss accident and non-conformance through proper channels
- Carry good housekeeping in own working area
- Maintain working areas, tools, equipment and safety harnesses in a safe, clean, tidy and orderly manner
- Perform activities as instructed by superior
- Be well-informed about tripping operations and the safe operation and proper maintenance of the pipe racking system
- Be well-informed about handling and operating safely all drilling related tools and equipment
- Be well-informed about the mud system, the safe operation and its proper maintenance of the same
- Properly fill in the mud pump log considering the activities performed during the shift
- Properly inform superior on the drilling fluid, mud pumps and mud room conditions and immediately report in case any inconvenient occurs
We are one of the global leaders in drilling services, as well as in the engineering, procurement, construction and installation of pipelines and complex projects, onshore and offshore, in the oil & gas market.
We have distinctive competences in operations in harsh environments, remote areas and deepwater.
We provide a full range of services with contracts on an “EPC” and/or “EPCI” (“turn-key” basis) and we have distinctive capabilities and unique assets with highest technological content.
Saipem is ranked in the Global Top 30 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.