Experience: 1 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Located in region: Europe
Job Code: 532040
Job Title: Assistant Driller (Offshore)
Location: Worldwide International
Contract duration: 12 month - renewable
Saipem is looking for an Assistant Driller to work Offshore worldwide on Drillship/Semisubmersible Rig starting in July/August 2019, preferred candidate need to have Drillship or Semisubmersible experience, Cyberchair, Topdrive,etc..
- Assist the Driller during drilling activities ensuring the respect of the operative safety rules
- olding the IWCF or IADC certification, be responsible for organizing and supervising the jobs on the drill floor, in the derrick, in the drilling mud mixing/storage area and in the mud pump room area according to Driller instructions as well as assisting the technical department in carrying out the first-line maintenance of equipment in these areas
- Be safety minded during in all works and behaviours, use compulsory protective equipment and ensure the same for subordinates
- Be well-informed about actions, procedures and duties during safety drills and in emergency situations (refer to Emergency Preparedness Action Plan)
- Carry out own duties according to the Emergency Preparedness Action Plan
- Issue Safe Job Analysis before the start-up of non-routine operation or job and ensure completion of risk assessments where required
- Attend safety drills and meetings held on the rig
- Be well-informed about all relevant work and safety procedures issued by Saipem and the Operator, applying them and promoting their implementation
- Promptly report any safety hazard, accident, near-miss accident and non-conformance through proper channel
- Ensure good housekeeping in own working area and on the rig in general
- Ensure that good housekeeping is maintained on the drill floor
- Maintain working areas, tools, equipment and safety harnesses in a safe, clean, tidy and orderly manner
- Coordinate the crew activities so that they are carried out in accordance with the program
- Instruct all personnel assigned to him of their duties and responsibilities and of any special safety and environmental precaution to be taken prior to start up any work
- Perform activities as instructed by superior
- Be well-informed about tripping operations and the safe operation and proper maintenance of the pipe racking system
- Check and set up the equipment necessary for the assigned shift, i.e. drill pipes and other tubular material, x-over, etc.
- Be well-informed about handling and operating safely all drilling related tools and equipment
- Be well-informed about the mud system, the safe operation and its proper maintenance of the same
- Be well-informed about the established well control and drilling operational procedures
- Be well-informed about running and testing of the BOP and how to operate the same and the diverter system
- Be well-informed about reporting routines. In particular know how to fill in the daily drilling report
We are one of the global leaders in drilling services, as well as in the engineering, procurement, construction and installation of pipelines and complex projects, onshore and offshore, in the oil & gas market.
We have distinctive competences in operations in harsh environments, remote areas and deepwater.
We provide a full range of services with contracts on an “EPC” and/or “EPCI” (“turn-key” basis) and we have distinctive capabilities and unique assets with highest technological content.
Saipem is ranked in the Global Top 30 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.