Skills: Maintenance Engineer, Reliability Engineer
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Hazira, Gujarat, India
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
- To be the primary focal for Reliability assurance & availability improvements of site assets by monitoring the Compliance, Performances, addressing Bad actors and Reliability incidents to meet the business needs.
- Acts as Process owner of S-RCM and Turnaround (TA) modules of Gas-GAME.
- A key member of delivery team and reports to Engineering manager
- Demonstrate personal commitment and leadership to deliver a culture of Goal Zero ie. No Harm, No Leak
- Ensure compliance with the Life Saving rules. Ensure all HSE critical tasks are performed as identified in HSE case.
- Maintain schedule for maintenance strategy reviews and conduct the review based on Risk & Reliability Management principles with tools such as PM Optimization, REM strategy reviews, RCM and PM Library where applicable. Implement condition-based maintenance (CBM) approach and condition monitoring (CM) strategies during the review
- Acquire data from a diversity of sources (shift log, O&M meeting, RCM live program, FAIR, Vulnerability & technical study) and carry out analyses as an input to problem resolution and trend analysis.
- Identify threats to availability and reliability, facilitate meeting and Steer means to close all threats with in target timeline.
- Defect Elimination: Identify bad actors from the Job list and explore means to improve reliability during various meetings with Operations, Maintenance and Engineering group.
- Monitor reliability KPI and focal point for quarterly reliability steering committee meeting and provides update on key leading and lagging indicator of reliability
- Actively participate in the group Reliability forums to share, learn & adapt new technologies and best practices
- Identify incidents that require further investigation and facilitate the investigation process by the engineer(s) concerned and track the recommendations for implementation.
- Require strong analytical techniques and the ability to solve complex problems through an organized, logical and systematic approach
- Lead or participate in RCA (Root Cause Analysis) /Causal Learning analysis study and failure investigations and develop improvement action list.
- Issues periodic reports demonstrating assets health condition in a simple & easy structure to allow customers (maintenance personnel) to fully understand & utilize
- Part of the Risk assessment team for management of change, Deferment
- Compliance Audit and Assurance: To support management in facilitating maintenance and integrity compliance audits. Lead/facilitate PM assurance review and Asset Register verification exercise, & Process effectiveness reviews
- Prepare the Reliability feedback on monthly basis for RCA & Bad actor recommendations and Periodic reporting of MTO/BAA/Investigation actions status, PM Deferments, providing data for Management Information Report (MIR), Network Bench marking forums
- Issue monthly reliability forecasts and report on actual reliability achieved for information to all concerned.
- Monitor pending jobs on quarterly basis and send the report to Engineering Manager and maintenance team.
- Act as custodian of Plant change proposals by reviewing them, reject the ones that do not meet the criteria and process the other for approval through the system and keep track of the approval process.
- Follow up for implementation of IRMS manual and keep it up to date.
- Act as process owner of Gas-GAME modules of "S-RCM, & Turnaround (TA).
- Close the feedback cycle of S-RCM by constant review every 2 years and revising the maintenance routines.
- Facilitate critical spares and mini- max inventory levels review.
- Provide input to engineering project implementation.
- Integrity Assurance: Work with Technical Authorities TA on critical data for safety critical element/ equipment; identification and Performance Standard review.
- Keeps a track of "Equipment under Alert" list for assigned plant area. Establishes proper storage of the Equipment report and data
- Compliance with mandatory and/or developmental training plans. Provide coaching to staff within the team and operations and maintenance
Shell began operations in India more than 80 years ago. At Shell India, we invest in our people through our industry-leading development programme, which sees our employees thrive and gain access to experts on a local and global level. To date, we have invested more than US$ 1 billion already in India's energy sector alone in socially and environmentally responsible ways. It is the only global major to have a fuel retail license in India. The Shell Technology Centre Bangalore, STCB, is one of the three global hubs for technology in the Projects & Technology business of Royal Dutch Shell. In addition, we supply crude, chemicals and technology to public and private sector oil companies, and our Chennai Business Centre provides a wide range of finance, accounting and business services to Shell globally.
Job Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Degree in Mechanical or Instrument or Electrical Engineering
- 10 years of work experience in oil and gas industry/Petro chemical industry Reliability function.
- Proven Skill level in Reliability engineering concepts, Modelling, RCM module / RCM study, criticality analysis, Bad actor, root cause, Life cycle cost
- Certification in Condition monitoring Techniques-Vibration Analysis Level-II or III, Investigation, RCA Techniques
- Demonstrated skill Analytical thinking, problem solving, Statistical data analysis,
- Knowledge in Lube oil analysis, Electrical signal analysis, Thermography, Static Asset integrity checks -UT, DPT, PMI, Material repair inspection techniques, Witness shop balancing of rotors as per best practices & standards are preferred
- Strong command of business-level Communication & Presentation skills, written and spoken English.
- Excellent working, Maintenance and corrective procedure of rotating and associated equipment, specifically Recip comp/Gas Turbines/Multi stage Pump/Hydraulics
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Learn More about Shell: Watch their Life at Shell Video