Skills: Manufacturing Engineering
Education: Associates/2 yr Degree/Diploma
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: England, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Position: CAD Designer
Accountable to: Engineering Manager
Vacancy Ref: ENG-014-2018
About The Role
If you are looking for a career where you know what you are doing in your day to day job, can make a real difference, not just now but for future generations this is the place for you.
Plastic is a fantastic material but at the end of its life only 10% is recycled - the rest is burnt, buried or lost into the environment. Our company is changing the story of plastics by enabling more plastic waste to be recycled into valuable resources thereby keeping plastics in the circular economy and out of our oceans.
We have developed a modular machine to chemically recycle plastic waste back into a valuable petroleum raw material, for use as a feedstock in new plastics production, waxes, and fuels. Using a chemical approach to recycling, no plastic gets left behind. Using a modular approach to process design, we harness the power of mass production to scale up quickly and cost effectively.
The design and engineering team is now developing a full-scale unit, the RT7000, capable of being mass produced at 7,000 tonnes per annum unit scale at the company's manufacturing facility in the South East. All work needs to be developed with efficient mass production in mind.
The company is headquartered in The South East, UK, with the first commercial RT7000 project due to be located in Scotland. We are already initiating plans for expansion across Europe.
The role of the CAD Designer is to undertake 3D design for the companies machines and associated facilities.
We are looking for a passionate CAD design to work in a fast-paced collative work environment, working as part of the Engineering Team on solving one of the world most pressing environmental issues.
- 3D mechanical design the companies modules and facilities, with a focus on Design for Manufacture
- Concerning module design and integration
- Pipework Design to minimize thermal / operational stresses
- Drawings of individual bespoke components
- Plot plan for site installation / planning applications
- Support the manufacture, assembly, installation & commissioning of processes
- P&ID Drafting
- Manage the company's drawings and work with operations to create a spares system
- Developing the company's knowledge and know how needed to design and enhance the companies standard machine modules from information provided by the companies R&D function, manufacturing, and operations teams.
- Qualification and experience in 3D CAD design
- Proficiency working in a team environment with cross-functional groups to achieve significant goals under tight time and financial pressures
- Interpersonal skills needed to develop the solutions in harmony with the companies operations, manufacturing and Research and Development teams.
- Applying process industry standards
- Background in either Oil & Gas refining, Waste Management or Furnaces/ Combustion Design would be an advantage
- Strong organisational and analytical skills for managing multiple simultaneous tasks/projects during design, construction, and operational phases
- Good communication skills at all levels.
- Ability to use and teach others in the use of Solid Edge
- Design of high temperature vessels/ processes
- Solids handling equipment.
Petroplan is a global organisation which specialises in connecting skilled professionals with exceptional contract and permanent career opportunities throughout the oil, gas and energy industry. This has been our focus since Petroplan was formed in 1976.
Our company aim isn't to be the largest industry recruitment specialist but rather the best. As such, our recruitment services, contractor management and specialised support is tailored to meet the individual needs of candidates, contractors and clients. Petroplan's local offices across Europe, the Middle East, North America, Asia-Pacific, Africa and Australasia support projects throughout forty countries. Our client portfolio includes multi-national companies, together with niche organisations focusing on a specialist discipline or location.
For more information please feel free to visit our website http://petroplan.com
Petroplan is an established Global Recruitment Organization supplying technical manpower and administrative services to the oil, gas and petro-chemical industries. Formed in 1976, Petroplan has over three decades’ experience and knowledge of global staffing markets to support feasibility studies through engineering and construction to ongoing operations and maintenance contracts.
Petroplan holds major global supply agreements with leading oil, gas and chemical operators and main contractors on a sole or preferred supplier basis. Our network of offices and strategic partner organizations provide on-the-ground support for clients and contracted individuals and teams in over 30 worldwide locations.
Our key discipline areas, which we regularly recruit for our clients, cover all phases of oil and gas exploration, production and refining projects:
Please visit us at www.petroplan.com for further information on our services and current vacancies.