Skills: Business Analyst, IT - Analysis & Management
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Nabors Industries owns and operates one of the world's largest land-based drilling rig fleet and is a provider of offshore drilling rigs in the United States and multiple international markets. Nabors also provides directional drilling services, performance tools, and innovative technologies for its own rig fleet and those of third parties. Leveraging our advanced drilling automation capabilities, Nabors' highly skilled workforce continues to set new standards for operational excellence and transform our industry.
Working closely with both internal and external departmental representatives, works to optimize the use of the ERP to improve business operations. Has a thorough understanding of business/departmental operations. Examines business process, performs training and guides system use. May guide reengineering projects, specify system requirements, conduct feasibility studies, make software recommendations and assist with implementation. May work in a team lead role.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Focus expertise in core Microsoft ERP systems ( Microsoft AX2009/AX2012 and Dynamics 365 Finance and Operations )
- Strong understanding of Finance functions inside Dynamics 365 F&O
- Support of Supply Chain, Production, and Operations systems, processes, and best practices
- Backup support of Microsoft Field Services and CRM solutions
- Analyze current business processes and assists users in making best use of systems.
- Work with others members of the Business Systems team to help evaluate data and processes, trouble-shooting systems and incorporating solutions as required
- Manage the implementation of the software and processes within a particular module/business area
- Discuss business requirements with managers and users
- Identify information needs not currently met by existing software or systems
- Develop strategies to improve timeliness of information and overall efficiency
- Assess the cost/benefit of recommended process changes
- Implement business and software solutions
- Follow up with managers and users to ensure compliance with new procedures and effectiveness of new systems.
- Perform post-implementation review
- Accountable for quality, completeness, and on-time delivery of an assigned project
- Understanding of Software Development Life Cycle
- Provide Design, Test, Support, and Training as required during the course of the projects
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS
- Post-secondary education with a Computer Sciences or Business Degree
- At least 5 years related experience in Microsoft AX2009/AX2012 and Dynamics 365 Finance and Operations
- Minimum 5 years of experience work experience as a Sr. MS Dynamics D365/AX functional business analyst, consultant, and lead ERP analyst
- Completed at least one full life cycle implementation of Microsoft D365
- Expert functional knowledge on at least three of the listed modules D365 Inventory Management, Procurement, Production, Planning, Projects, Advance Warehouse management and Sales Management modules.
- Able to understand the user requirements and be able to configure the system independently for various system options across the above-listed modules to achieve the desired results.
- Knowledge on the interfaces on D365 with other applications if any
- Excellent analytical skills
- Good understanding of existing software
- Above average written and verbal communication skills
- Strong business understanding in the area of specialization (manufacturing systems and processes, supply chain and distribution areas, and the services / operations area of the organization)
- Ability to analyze troubleshoot problems and recommend solutions
- Knowledge on AP, AR would be added advantage.
- Experience on upgrading from AX to D365 would be an added advantage
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently with minimal direction
- Strong multi-tasking and organizational skills
- Ability to quickly learn new applications and tools
Today, Nabors owns and operates the world’s largest land-based drilling rig fleet and is a leading provider of offshore platform workover and drilling rigs in the United States and numerous international markets. With operations in 28 countries, Nabors also provides directional drilling services, performance tools and innovative technologies throughout many of the most significant oil and gas markets. Leveraging our advanced drilling automation capabilities, Nabors’ highly skilled workforce continues to set new standards for operational excellence and transform our industry.
As of April 16, 2018, Nabors’ assets include:
- 407 land drilling rigs
- 31 offshore platform rigs
Nabors is ranked in the Global Top 30 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.