Experience: 2 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Coyanosa, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Wood is currently sourcing a Compressor Technician to join our team in Pecos, Texas. You will operate, troubleshoot, diagnose and repair natural gas compressors.
U.S. Only: Authorization to work permanently in the U.S. without sponsorship required.
- Operate, troubleshoot, diagnosis and repair natural gas compressors
- Ability to inspect engines, compressors and mechanical equipment: diagnose problems and determine extent of necessary repairs; supervise and schedule repairs and routine preventative maintenance.
- Ability to overhaul, repairs and maintenance of engines, compressors, pumps, turbines and motors.
- Detailed awareness of compressor components including: lubrication systems, shut-down systems, loading and unloading valves, pistons, valves and electrical systems.
- Ability to use of hand tools, power tools, and electronic diagnostic equipment
- Monitor and stimulate maximum efficiency and productivity to minimize problems and downtime.
- Performing lockout / tagout, starting/stopping of equipment, and perform equipment checks.
- Perform job duties in a safe and efficient manner.
- Must meet required production rate expectations.
- Must adhere to company policies and procedures
- Assures that machinery, equipment, and facilities are properly maintained for efficient production.
- General upkeep of facilities and equipment including: engines/compressors, company vehicle, shops and tool rooms.
- 2+ years of industry experience required
- Must have a valid Driver's License
- High School diploma or G.E.D.
- Troubleshooting, diagnosis and repairing
- Ability to successfully pass background check, MVR, and drug screen
- Must have experience with heavy mechanical and some electrical service.
- Knowledge and experience on compression, process and production equipment, as well as electrical systems, including panel boards, skid wiring, etc.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.
Wood is ranked in the Global Top 30 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.