Perth, Western Australia, Australia
Perth, Western Australia, Australia
Skills: Environmental, Safety & Training
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Perth, Western Australia, Australia
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Chevron Australia has an exciting opportunity for a Health, Environment and Safety (HES) Specialist - Reporting and Analytics to join the Data Systems and Reporting team. This role will be based in Perth and will report to the Health, Environment and Safety Supervisor - Data Systems and Reporting.
- Coordinate the end-to-end environmental reporting process (requirements identification through to report submission and response to comments)
- Ensure accurate and on-time delivery of environmental reports to meet internal and external obligations
- Maintain high fluency on environmental regulator, enterprise (including Operational Excellence Data Reporting Standard) and joint venture participant reporting requirements
- Maintain high quality environmental reporting documentation
- Identify and drive improvements to environmental reporting processes
- Maintain effective stakeholder relationships to ensure effective and timely environmental report reviews, sign-offs and response to internal and external queries
- Continually identify cross-skilling opportunities in environmental reporting support
- Undertake environmental data entry as required
- Maintain system and data quality in accordance with defined regulatory, enterprise and Business Unit requirements
- Undertake Quality Assurance/Quality Control of data sets to maintain a high standard of data integrity
- Undertake ad-hoc environmental data analysis as required to support BU decision-making and business outcomes
- Cross-skill in a secondary HES Information Technology (IT) system to provide contingent support service in Organisational Excellence Planning Performance and Assurance
- Commitment to health, environment and safety and Chevron best practices
Key skills and experience required:
- Degree qualifications in environmental management or science
- Teamwork, communication and interpersonal skills: demonstrated ability to work effectively and collaboratively in a multi-disciplinary team environment; strong organisational, communication and interpersonal skills; ability to be flexible and adaptable to changing business priorities, and progress work scopes to agreed outcomes in a timely manner
- Competencies and Skills: a high level of competence in handling data using databases, analytical tools and reporting software with strong technical proficiency (e.g. understanding data models and underlying technical information systems that make up data systems); excellent data analysis skills and problem-solving capabilities; excellent planning and project management skills; a high attention to detail; strong stakeholder engagement and customer service skills
- Experience and knowledge: experience in environmental data management, performance and compliance reporting and IT systems; knowledge of environmental legislation and regulations; site experience would be beneficial
- Demonstrated ability to identify and build key relationships that contribute to high-class business results
- Demonstrated commitment to Chevron's values of diversity and inclusion, high performance, integrity and trust, partnership and protecting people and the environment
Why join Chevron:
- Chevron is one of the world's leading integrated energy companies and has been present in Australia for more than 60 years
- You will be provided a competitive package and an opportunity to contribute to two of Australia's largest oil and gas projects
- Chevron offers career development opportunities to all employees including onboarding, training and development, mentoring, volunteering opportunities and networking groups
- Chevron is proudly recognised as an employer of choice, guided by a vision of diversity, inclusion and committed to equal employment opportunity
- Chevron supports work-life balance and offers employees access to various health and wellness programs
- A nine-day fortnight is offered for eligible roles
We actively encourage applications from Australian Aboriginals, women, mature age applicants, candidates with disabilities and those with diverse cultural backgrounds. To be a part of our success, apply now.
Position Close Date: Tuesday 21 May 2019, 3pm WST
Chevron is one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies. Our success is driven by our people and their commitment to get results the right way – by operating responsibly, executing with excellence, applying innovative technologies and capturing new opportunities for profitable growth. Some of our specialties include generating power and produce geothermal energy; investing in profitable renewable energy and energy efficiency solutions; and developing the energy resources of the future, including researching advanced biofuels.
Our diverse and highly skilled workforce consists of approximately 64,700 employees, including more than 3,200 service station employees. At Chevron, we’re focused on safely delivering the energy needed to power human and economic progress worldwide. But how do we do that when harnessing fossil fuels can be inherently risky? To meet these challenges, Chevron has spent more than 20 years expanding systems that support a culture of safety and environmental stewardship that strives to achieve unequaled performance and prevent all serious incidents and fatalities. We call this Operational Excellence, and it drives everything we do.
Diversity & Inclusion
We’re committed to reflecting in our workforce the rich diversity of cultures and racial and ethnic backgrounds in the communities where we live and work. We’re also devoted to encouraging a diversity of ideas.
Diversity is one of the cornerstones of our values, which we call The Chevron Way. The Chevron Way states:
“We learn from and respect the cultures in which we work. We value and demonstrate respect for the uniqueness of individuals and the varied perspectives and talents they provide. We have an inclusive work environment and actively embrace a diversity of people, ideas, talents and experiences.”
As a core value, diversity is critical to developing a talented, high-performing workforce needed for ongoing business success. The Chevron Way’s focus on people has helped establish a culture that attracts, develops and retains more diverse talent.
We Support Career & Personal Development
We value the importance of managing work/life priorities by offering flexible work schedules, on-site child care at some facilities, adoption assistance, dual-career couple support, scholarships and tuition reimbursement.
At Chevron, you’ll find a workplace committed to your professional development. You’ll receive support and tools to create your own career path, including education assistance support which pays up to 75% of the cost (including tuition, textbooks, lab fees, and registration and administration fees) for approved courses. To strengthen organizational capability, we develop our employees’ and contractors’ skills and experience through our Invest in People strategy. As part of this strategy, discussions focused on continually improving individual performance are held between managers and employees.
Chevron is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.