Skills: IT - Software Development
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Covington, Louisiana, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of GOM - Sr. Software Engineer located in Covington, LA through May 21, 2019 at 11:59 p.m. (Eastern Standard Time).
Your opportunity to differentiate starts here in the Gulf of Mexico Business Unit, the global leader in digital innovation. GOMBU is seeking IT professionals in Chevron as we leverage rapidly emerging Digital technologies to transform how we deliver products. Our technical landscape is change as well as our ways of working from waterfall deployments to agile scrum development using DevOps principles. This is a great opportunity to get in on the ground floor as Chevron re-invents application development. This position will lead the operation and evergreen of the DevOps framework within GOM, leverage industry DevOps tools and best practices, and partner with Chevron Enterprise. A key responsibility will be providing technical leadership within GOM on the support and operation of the framework for GOM and serve as a technical subject matter expert for specific needs in the DevOps framework. This role will require a significant amount of previous experience developing applications (.Net and/or Java) and/or scripting. The successful candidate must be able to work collaboratively with project teams and lead contractor resources in the delivery of solutions leveraging a DevOps framework.
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
- Provide leadership and direction on the use of current and emerging technologies within the DevOps framework.
- Lead creation and development of CI/CD pipeline templates and patterns to standardize where it makes business sense.
- Implement recommended tools through the review process to become a standard.
- Hands on execution and build work major initiatives (e.g. Well Engineering Automation leveraging MS Dynamics, Inventory Management Initiatives for SCM...etc)
- Travel required - 1 week per month between Covington, LA and Houston, TX (both directions) is likely based on project/business activity.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering or a related discipline is preferred
- At least 5 years of relevant DevOps experience
- Knowledge of MS Azure
- Knowledge base of best practices for full software development life cycle to include coding standards and reviews, build process, and testing.
- Advanced skills in building applications with .Net and/or Java.
- Self-Starter with ability to work independently and in alignment with team goals.
- Demonstrated experience in critical thinking & problem solving.
- Experience with both Waterfall and Agile methodologies and motivation to learn new technologies quickly.
- Experience in a range of version control, continuous integration and build automation tools and approaches.
- Self-starter with ability to work independently but in alignment with team goals.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate written and verbally with both business partners and other IT professionals; along with an appropriate level of detail.
- Demonstrated competency and capability across many IT towers:
- awareness of major technology platforms and leading digital capabilities (Azure, Dynamics, IoT, ML...etc)
- working knowledge of Upstream business functions
Relocation may be considered.
Expatriate assignments will not be considered.
Regulatory Disclosure for US Positions:
Chevron is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or other status protected by law or regulation.
Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as required by law.
Nearest Major Market: New Orleans
Chevron is one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies. Our success is driven by our people and their commitment to get results the right way – by operating responsibly, executing with excellence, applying innovative technologies and capturing new opportunities for profitable growth. Some of our specialties include generating power and produce geothermal energy; investing in profitable renewable energy and energy efficiency solutions; and developing the energy resources of the future, including researching advanced biofuels.
Our diverse and highly skilled workforce consists of approximately 64,700 employees, including more than 3,200 service station employees. At Chevron, we’re focused on safely delivering the energy needed to power human and economic progress worldwide. But how do we do that when harnessing fossil fuels can be inherently risky? To meet these challenges, Chevron has spent more than 20 years expanding systems that support a culture of safety and environmental stewardship that strives to achieve unequaled performance and prevent all serious incidents and fatalities. We call this Operational Excellence, and it drives everything we do.
Diversity & Inclusion
We’re committed to reflecting in our workforce the rich diversity of cultures and racial and ethnic backgrounds in the communities where we live and work. We’re also devoted to encouraging a diversity of ideas.
Diversity is one of the cornerstones of our values, which we call The Chevron Way. The Chevron Way states:
“We learn from and respect the cultures in which we work. We value and demonstrate respect for the uniqueness of individuals and the varied perspectives and talents they provide. We have an inclusive work environment and actively embrace a diversity of people, ideas, talents and experiences.”
As a core value, diversity is critical to developing a talented, high-performing workforce needed for ongoing business success. The Chevron Way’s focus on people has helped establish a culture that attracts, develops and retains more diverse talent.
We Support Career & Personal Development
We value the importance of managing work/life priorities by offering flexible work schedules, on-site child care at some facilities, adoption assistance, dual-career couple support, scholarships and tuition reimbursement.
At Chevron, you’ll find a workplace committed to your professional development. You’ll receive support and tools to create your own career path, including education assistance support which pays up to 75% of the cost (including tuition, textbooks, lab fees, and registration and administration fees) for approved courses. To strengthen organizational capability, we develop our employees’ and contractors’ skills and experience through our Invest in People strategy. As part of this strategy, discussions focused on continually improving individual performance are held between managers and employees.
Chevron is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.