Skills: Engineering Manager, Technical Manager
Experience: 8 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Duncan, Oklahoma, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
- Under broad direction, supervises mechanical, electrical and software engineers and/or other technical staff members, such as a designers, drafters and technicians.
- Provides technical guidance to direct reports on project deliverables, ensures team is appropriately resourced with skill sets to successfully complete project portfolio and drives sense of urgency related to project execution.
- Conducts regularly scheduled project goal setting, performance reviews and career development plans with personnel. Develops performance improvement plans for employees that are not performing as expected.
- Leads a cross-discipline and cross-functional team, including research, development, sustaining and technical services, in executing various corporate projects and/or initiatives.
- Collaborates with other team leads in similar disciplines from other product lines to ensure understanding and sharing of design standards, best practices, lessons learned, etc.
- Works closely with the project management team to ensure projects are resourced effectively and executed with highest quality of technology deliverables.
- Utilizes project management skills and tracking tools in the organization and execution of project assignments.
- This person will have responsibility for identifying and filling technological and functional requirements.
- Possesses thorough understanding of the supported PSL's technology and broad understanding of the associated development tools.
- A technical leader will be capable of managing outside consultants and contractors in developing solutions and coordinate project design and milestone reviews.
- Executes tactical action plans as set by department goals and initiatives, related to budget, intellectual property, HDFX, required and developmental training, safety, etc.
- Incorporates reliability analysis and promotes optimum use of development tools and standards during the design process.
- Drives innovation and intellectual property development to meet discipline and PSL targets
- Understands and promotes HES's quality directives, including training compliance, tiered reviews and other safety related activities.
- Though this individual's focus will be technical leadership, they will perform development tasks maintaining their development expertise.
- Job role has budgetary type accountabilities such as personnel, real estate, materials, contractors, ect. and related activities to ensure efficiency related to that spend.
- Skills are typically acquired through a undergraduate degree in Electrical, Mechanical, Material Science, Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent degree, and minimum of 8 years related experience or through 12 years of related experience.
- Incumbents at this level will usually hold a certification as a Licensed/Chartered Professional Engineer.
Halliburton is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
2600 South 2nd St , Duncan , Oklahoma , 73533 , United States
Requisition Number: 72861
Experience Level: Experienced Hire
Job Family: Engineering/Science/Technology
Product Service Line: Cementing
Full Time / Part Time: Full Time
Additional Locations for this position:
Founded in 1919, Halliburton is one of the world's largest providers of products and services to the energy industry. With over 50,000 employees, representing 140 nationalities, and operations in approximately 70 countries, the company serves the upstream oil and gas industry throughout the lifecycle of the reservoir – from locating hydrocarbons and managing geological data, to drilling and formation evaluation, well construction, completion and production optimization. Halliburton's fascinating and proud history reveals a continuous focus on innovation and expansion that began with the company's founder, Erle P. Halliburton. After borrowing a wagon, a team of mules and a pump, he built a wooden mixing box and started an oil well cementing business in Duncan, Oklahoma.
In the 1930s, Halliburton established its first research laboratories where the company tested cement mixes, began offering acidizing services to break down the resistance of limestone formations and increase the production of oil and gas, and performed its first offshore cementing job using a barge-mounted cementing unit at a rig in the Creole Field in the Gulf of Mexico. This was the beginning of what was to become the world's most extensive offshore service.
Halliburton took the initial steps toward becoming a worldwide company in 1926. We sold five cementing units to an English company in Burma, the start of our Eastern Hemisphere operations, and Erle P. Halliburton sent his brothers to open our business in Alberta, Canada. We opened in Venezuela in 1940. By 1946, the company – using its innovative technology – had expanded into Colombia, Ecuador, Peru and the Middle East and began performing services for the Arabian-American Oil Company, the forerunner of Saudi Aramco.
In 1951, Halliburton made its first appearance in Europe as Halliburton Italiana SpA., a wholly owned subsidiary in Italy. In the next seven years, Halliburton launched Halliburton Company Germany GmbH, set up operations in Argentina and established a subsidiary in England.
In 1984, Halliburton provided all of the well completion equipment for the first multiwell platform offshore China. Two years later, Halliburton became the first American company to perform an oilfield service job on the China mainland
The final decade of the 20th century brought more changes and growth to Halliburton. The company opened a branch office in Moscow in 1991.
The company realigned its work into Eastern and Western Hemisphere operations in 2006, and in 2007, divided its service offerings into two divisions: Completion and Production, and Drilling and Evaluation.
Today, Halliburton offers the world's broadest array of products, services and integrated solutions for oil and gas exploration, development and production.
To learn more about career opportunities, please visit www.gohalliburton.com.
Halliburton is an equal opportunity employer.
Halliburton placed 2nd in the 2018 Rigzone Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more.