Skills: Inventory Control, Logistics Management, Materials Management
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: Some College
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
This position is responsible for ensuring that all materials and equipment for the Company are delivered in an efficient, safe and timely manner.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & TASKS include the following:
- Ensure that materials and equipment are delivered in a timely manner.
- Closely monitor vendor application process for EU licenses required to ship European manufactured materials to Sakhalin, Russia.
- Identify any areas of delivery slippage and, as needed, escalate this information to the Purchasing Supervisor .
- Expedite receipt of purchase order acknowledgements and assure delivery dates are correct as stipulated in the terms from suppliers.
- Work with Freight Forwarders "Receipt Reports" & manually enter receipt notes into purchase order system that is not transmitted electronically daily.
- Regularly and accurately report orders status to management and operations personnel.
- Ensure that the Company is meeting its obligations for delivery of materials and equipment to the client.
- Maintain and develop relationships with the Company's suppliers.
- Abide by Company policies and procedures.
- Other duties and special projects as assigned.
Position Specific Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- A college degree is preferred but not required.
- Should have 2 to 5 years of relevant work experience.
- Must have knowledge of drilling equipment and inventory requirements.
- Must be a detail oriented, self-starter and able to work with little supervision while maintaining goals/tasks.
- Must have good PC skills and be proficient in MS Office products and ERP software.
- Must have good written and verbal communication skills and be able to effectively communicate with staff, management, customers and vendors. Being multi-lingual is preferred.
- Must possess sound reasoning skills and have the ability to follow directions.
The physical demands must be met by an employee to successfully perform essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk and use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to walk, stoop, kneel, carry, push/pull and use repetitive wrist and hand movements. The employee may be required to lift and/or move objects of up to 25 pounds. Hearing, seeing ability of rapid mental coordination. It is required to be mentally alert for entire regular shift.
This position will typically work in a climate controlled building in the corporate office of Parker Drilling.
* Ensure that personal behaviors and work practices are in line with Company safety standards.
* Responsible for safety of self and others in the vicinity to include, but not limited to, employees, vendors and guests.
* Provide visible leadership engagement, be aware of housekeeping and take additional safety precautions to ensure no one is put at risk.
* Do not take short cuts or unnecessary risks and actively work with others to ensure they take due care and do not put themselves or others at risk.
* Ensure all incidents are reported and appropriately investigated in accordance with Company procedure.
* As needed, seek advice from HSE representative.
Parker Drilling is a global drilling company providing drilling services, project management and rental tools to the energy industry. Parker’s primary business segment is drilling services with 38 rigs in international locations and 19 rigs in the United States Gulf of Mexico.
The Company’s international rig fleet consists of barge rigs and related operations in the Caspian Sea, Nigeria and Mexico, as well as land rigs and related operations in a total of 15 countries. Parker’s U.S. rig fleet operates in the transition zone of the Gulf of Mexico.
Founded in 1934, the Company moved it headquarters to Houston, Texas from Tulsa, Oklahoma in September 2001. Customers include major, independent and national oil and gas companies. Quail Tools has four U.S. locations where it is a leading provider of specialized rental equipment for drilling and workover operations. Office and yard locations include New Iberia, Louisiana; Victoria and Odessa, Texas; and Evanston, Wyoming.